Complaint Review: Patrick Colleman - Christopher Wilson - Eric Paterson

• Updated: Wed, September 16, 2009

• Reported By: tony — santa rosa California USA
Patrick Colleman - Christopher Wilson - Eric Paterson
www.lithiachevroletredding.com Redding, California United States of America

Patrick Colleman - Christopher Wilson - Eric Paterson Lithia Chevrolet of Redding and Lithia Toyota of Redding Sold a used Toyota Tacoma as Toyota Certified. The truck has a bent frame. The prior accident was not disclosed. Redding, California

* : TONY, DRIVE THE TRUCK DOWN TO EVERY NEWS STATION IN YOUR CITY WITH ALL THE PAPERWORK THAT....

The 2008 Toyota Tacoma truck that we purchased on June 30, 2009, was delivered to us (on July1, 2009) with existing evidence that the truck had experienced a front-end accident, which we did not discover until Tuesday, August 11, 2009.  We were told by the salesman Mr. Chris Wilson, that the truck was in good condition with no problems.

Prior to the sale, Mr. Wilson sent us photos from the truck parked at their Lithia Toyota store next door to their Lithia Chevrolet store, and Mr. Wilson told me on the phone that the Toyota truck was being sold Toyota Certified.  He sent me photos online, showing the truck with the Toyota Certified sticker in the window.

When Mr. Wilson delivered the truck to us in Santa Rosa, CA, he even delivered the Toyota Certified sticker with the papers.

We (my wife and I) did not receive any disclosure statement of any prior accidents, nor were we verbally told about any.  During the first two weeks of use, we noticed somehting very unusual while driving the truck.  We took the truck to two different body shops, and even paid one of them to perform a $250.00 laser-frame check.  The truck has been in a serious accident, and the fram is bent in two place; one in front, and one in rear.

I informed Mr. Wilson that we discovered this accident, and we wanted our money back. Mr. Wilson did not offer any explanation, nor did Mr. Wilson offer to do anyting about it.  Then I spoke to Mr. Don Butler at Lithis Toyota, about the Toyota Certified sticke rin the window. He said, "Too bad.  Not my problem.  you bought the truck from the Lithia Chevrolet store, you didn't buy the truck from us.  The Toyota Certified warranty is void when Lithia Chevrolet next door came over here and drove the truck off the lot."  Mr. Butler said, "Your issue is with Lithia Chevrolet next door."  Mr. Butler then very rudly hung up.

I then spoke to Mr. Vincent Andersen (the GM) at Lithia Chevrolet of Redding.  I also sent him photos of the unrepaired damage behind the front bumper, and I told him I wanted my money back.  he said, "I will talk to Chris Wilson, and I will call you back."  Mr. Andersen never called me back.  Mr. Wilson has offered no solution.

The truck with the bent frame, is basically totalled, and it was in that condition when they delivered it on July 1st, 2009.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2009 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patrick-Colleman-Christopher-Wilson-Eric-Paterson/Redding-California-96002/Patrick-Colleman-Christopher-Wilson-Eric-Paterson-Lithia-Chevrolet-of-Redding-and-Lit-495420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patrick Colleman - Christopher Wilson - Eric Paterson

#1

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

YOU HAVE FROM THE DEALERSHIP AND THERE'S A CHANCE THAT ONE OF THE NEWS STATIONS WILL DO YOUR STORY.

You can also do what another Toyota customer did. He put VINYL LEMONS all over his 2007 Camry Hybrid that had a sludge-infected engine, & he parked it outside the Toyota dealership & passed out fliers to everyone going by informing them of his dilemma. He first tried to have the dealership & Toyota corporation help him. Neither the dealership nor Toyota corporation would help him.

*HOWEVER, when he EXPOSED his problem by placing VINYL LEMONS on his defective Camry & parked it outside the dealership handing out fliers, the dealership finally caved-in.

I believe you can 'Google' this- RIP OFF REPORT TOYOTA VOIDED WARRANTY DUE TO ENGINE OIL SLUDGE, and his Rip Off Report should come up. He later posted an 'Update' regarding the VINYL LEMONS that he put on his Camry, & then parking it outside the dealership passing out fliers which is 100% legal, & that single event finally got him satisfaction.