Complaint Review: Patriot Construction

• Updated: Mon, March 26, 2012

• Reported By: DB — Berwyn Illinois United States of America
Patriot Construction
2305 W. Harrison Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Patriot Construction Robert Skertich HIRES PEOPLE, WORKS THEM AND DOESN'T PAY Chicago, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Answer to your post.

I was hired by Robert Skertich to do roofing/labor work on October 20, 2011.  I worked from 7AM to 2:30PM with a crew of newly hired Craig's List people such as myself (with the exception of his nephew).  When the work day was over we were told wait for our pay.  Since the economy is so bad and I was happy to have work, I waited....for an hour.  It is now December 22nd and yesterday, I was given a final confirmation from Robert Skertich that he was not paying me.

Going back to October: Starting the evening that I worked for Patriot Construction and for 6 days following, I contacted Robert Skertich and was repeatedly promised more work and definitely pay for that day.  Robert re-assured me that "there was no problem, he would never not pay his guys".  Sure enough, day after day, either I got VM or the same story....but no pay.

On October 27th, my fiance got involved and got confirmation that Robert would send a check out that evening.  He told her to email him, she did this and requested the check number and amount he sent.  She received no response.  SURPRISE

On October 28th, my fiance called Robert and requested they set up a time that evening for her to meet him for my pay.  At 6:30PM, she arrived at his home office and at 7PM, Robert came outside said he had absolutely no money in his bank account, did not get payment from the customer and handed her a printed out estimate from the job site I worked at and said, "Here, call the customer, go to her house yourself, but don't go alone in that neighborhood". He walked away and went back into his house.

On November 1st, 2011, my fiance emailed him and asked for payment or she would be reporting him and starting a small claims suit.  He then called me and told me she was "psychotic and annoying" and then proceeded to email her and say "Good luck with your battle".

His last communication was to advise us to just wait for the money, he was filing a claim through the insurance company and he will pay everyone when he gets the check.

We backed off and waited until Dec. 21st.  When we emailed him, this was his response:

Message body

I am out of business and moved out of state. Did not get paid from last 3 jobs.  You can take legal action against her. Under Unjust enrichment.

I feel bad for everyone. This woman would not even call me to let me take my tools back. She is in possession of over 2,500.00 in my tools.

TO WHOMEVER IS READING THIS PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:

Every other rip off report filed against Robert Skertich/Patriot Construction has been rebutted by Robert Skertich with the same BS: This is slander; This is our competition; This is my ex wife plotting against me; If whoever is filing this complaint will not give their contact information, obviously it is not true and we will sue you for slander!!!!!

Well understand this, I am happy to give my contact information to ANYONE who wants to contact me.  I am happy to provide all the email documentation showing your responses to my request for payment for work I was hired by you to do.  I am happy to provide the Craigslist Ad you posted looking for workers and provide my cell phone history with documented calls/times to your number.  Please sue me....so I can get paid.

And here is my personal opinion to everyone: I WOULD NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THIS COMPANY.....I WAS HIRED, WORKED AND DID NOT GET PAID.

In addition, with regard to the customer (that Robert so professionally gave all of her personal information to me on): She would likely be very happy to share her opinion of the work that was provided by Patriot Construction/Robert Skertich.  As per our conversation, she was not so happy.

AM I AN UNHAPPY EX EMPLOYEE.....ABSOLUTELY.......
I have a family and you took an entire work day from me that I could have gone elsewhere and gotten paid.  Why else do people report companies like this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patriot-Construction/Chicago-Illinois-60612/Patriot-Construction-Robert-Skertich-HIRES-PEOPLE-WORKS-THEM-AND-DOESNT-PAY-Chicago-Ill-839155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patriot Construction

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Answer to your post.

AUTHOR: The Patriot Construction Group, Inc. - (U.S.A.)

Yes, anyone who worked on this job and did not get paid should take the matter up with the owner. I was hired to supervise and this is a debt where her home was unjustly enriched. The neighborhood is so dangerous that I could not go back there and fight for my tools which she kept. Tools amounting to over $ 2,500.00 are still in her posession.

She will not answer our calls.

If this posting makes you feel better then for that I am happy. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.