Complaint Review: Patriot Tax Resolution LLC

• Updated: Tue, December 25, 2012

• Reported By: Kitt — Palos Verdes California United States of America
Patriot Tax Resolution LLC
4845 Pearl East Circle Suite 101 Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Patriot Tax Resolution LLC Nicholas Hartney EA Nicholas Hartney and Patriot Tax Resolution took $1200 from me while never providing any tangible service then lied to Chase bank and made a bogus word document claiming he had spent X amount of hours Boulder, Colorado

*Author of original report: Nicholas Hartney and Patriot Tax: Ripoff Artists and Extraordinares

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to "Credit Card Fraud"

I spoke with Nick Hartney one time via telephone where I described my situation and he stated he would be able to help me.  Any further communication was via email and there were only several.  Initially he asked me to fill out IRS Form 433a, which is a free form that can be downloaded at  HYPERLINK "http://www.irs.gov" www.irs.gov.  I filled this out and sent it along with 3 months of bank statements and a demographic for and the payment schedule via USPS (item # EI31 6411 191US) to Patriot Tax.   The delivery record shows it as received 09/07/2012.

There were two deductions from my account ending in 4219, one on 08/06/2012 and the second on 09/06/2012, both in the amount of $666.00.  The deadline set forth by the IRS for my response was 09/14/2012.  By 09/20/2012 I had not heard anything from Nick and had called him several times and sent several emails with no response.  At this time, in fear of the IRS and any action they might take, I decided to call them myself to see what progress had been made.  The IRS stated they had no record of Nicholas Hartney speaking with them on my behalf.  I sent an email to him after speaking with the IRS stating what they said.  On the day of my conversation with the IRS I settled my account without any representation, which is the service I agreed to pay for.  I did so 7 days past the IRS deadline as I was waiting to hear from Patriot Tax to no avail.  I have requested an account summary from the IRS which I will fax as soon as it arrives which shows the timeline of my contacts with them and that I am the only one who has spoken with them.

After so much time without any response I concluded the charges made to my account and the promise of service by Nicholas Hartney and Patriot Tax Resolution were fraudulent.  I went into the local branch to have my account numbers changed and the visa/debit card upon which the charges were drawn closed.  The banker I saw opened new accounts for me and issued me a new card to prevent any more fraudulent transactions from taking place.

12 days later, on October 1, 2012, when the final charge of $666.00 was to be paid, I finally received an email from Nick.  He stated, as you can read in the attached email, the he was dealing with a health concern.  Unfortunately this was not congruent with the timeline we had agreed upon, as the deadline was 09/14/2012.  Furthermore, he said he understands why I charged back the payments because of his lack of communication and not getting back to me sooner.

In conclusion, the services I agreed to pay for were never rendered however the charges were made to my account.

Nicholas Hartney composed a word document with his alleged work justifying having billed me over $1200, which would have been over $2000 had I not changed my account information.  Any work he claims to have preformed was never communicated with me if he did it at all and furthermore was of zero relevance to what services I agreed to pay him for.  Patriot Tax Resolution was in no part involved in any dealing with the IRS I had to resolve my tax concerns with them.

I believe it is the modus operandi of this company to take money from people who are already in a bad state for their benefit while not actually doing the work they promise to do.  This is unethical and an abuse of privilege as IRS Enrolled Agents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2012 11:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patriot-Tax-Resolution-LLC/Boulder-Colorado-80301/Patriot-Tax-Resolution-LLC-Nicholas-Hartney-EA-Nicholas-Hartney-and-Patriot-Tax-Resolution-986949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patriot Tax Resolution LLC

Nicholas Hartney and Patriot Tax: Ripoff Artists and Extraordinares

AUTHOR: Kittsan - ()

I dont have much to say other than it's obvious Nicky needs this money more than people who honestly earn it.  The bottom line is that he never provided me with any tangible service at any point in time.  All he did was disappear and said he was dealing with a health concern when he finally reappeared.

I ended up dealing with the IRS personally and you know what?  They were awesome and easy to talk to.  They warned about sketchy, fly by night companies like Patriot Tax Resolution who have to change their buisness address every few months to years and website URLs (Like Nick has) to hide from the BBB and consumers who have been ripped off. These companies prey on our fear of the IRS and make you think you will be able to get some special deal by retaining them.  The truth is the IRS has programs in place to help people who are in bad situations and these companies like Patriot Tax cannot do anything more than you can do yourself as I came to find out.

So forget about my $1200.00 and the time I lost chasing this coward around the internet and playing hide and seek with banks and BS word documents about the work he claimed to provide when he never did.  All I hope to gain by taking even more of my time to write this ripoff report is that I can help just a few unassuming comsumers avoid making the same mistake I did with this creep of a guy and his company. TALK DIRECTLY TO THE IRS....THEY ARE NOT THE MONSTERS YOU THINK THEY ARE!

So bravo Nick...Keep running man!  Oh and Nick it's not slander when it's true.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to "Credit Card Fraud"

AUTHOR: Nicholas Hartney, EA - ()

Hmmm, where to start...

Kitt had contacted me to help him with a tax matter however needed to break up the payments to which we agreed would be broken up into three seperate payments over three months on predetermined dates.

AFTER two payments had been made my credit card processing company had notified me that a dispute been made to the charging of the card.  I had not been notified by Kitt that he wished to cease services so this came as a surprise.

To show the credit card company that the payments were authorized I supplied them with a copy of the Service Agreement, payment form and retainer billing statement to substaniate that the payments processed were authorized and that services had been performed (Kitt had $84 remaining on his retainer which I have refunded).  The credit card company agreed with me and allowed me to keep the payments.

The issue here is that I set up a preliminary follow-up date with the IRS that I informed Kitt of.  I informed Kitt that rather than contacting back at this date with incomplete financial statements I would file an appeal on the Final Intent Notice (which provided us with an opportunity to discuss the case with an Appeals Officer rather than the IRS collection call center, i.e. ACS).  This would provide Kitt with an opportunity to start withholding at the proper rate by changing his exemptions on his W-4 with his employer.  I explained to Kitt that if he did not do this the IRS would not allow us to expense the correct amount of taxes that he would need to pay going forward to avoid future debt but also it would show his disposable income as signficantly higher and as such it would not accurately reflect his ability to repay the debt.

Rather than trying to discuss this with me he informed the bank that I fraudently processed his credit card and when I informed them otherwise he quickly jumps on sites like these and says I commited credit card fraud.

The bank agreed with me however I considered giving him all the money back and counting my losses however after seeing him posting slandering me across the internet I decided not to.