Complaint Review: Pat's Professional Auto & Truck Service

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, August 15, 2001

• Reported By:
Pat's Professional Auto & Truck Service
6386 West Bell Road Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

Pat's Professional Auto & Truck Service: didn't honor warranty.

I took my vehicle to Pat's shop in Glendale Arizona so they could replace my water pump and timing chain. My car was running fine except that it did have a waterpump that was began to leak. It took them approximately, seven days to do the repairs. When I received my vehicle it overheated within an hour. I was also 2 quarts low on engine oil. The next day I took it back and had it repaired.

One of the bolts that held the engine mount to the engine was not installed, therefore causing another bolt to loosen and finally caused some damage to my alternator and radiator because the engine had rocked so much that part of the mount had hit my alternator fan causing the metal to hit my radiator which began to leak.

I replaced the radiator and alternator and that's when I noticed that the cause of all this was a missing bolt which Pat's shop failed to install. When I took the car back I told them that the bolt was missing and that it caused the damaged mentioned above. they told me that they would look into it and call me when they found something out.

The next day I called around 10:30 am and asked if they have started on my car yet. I was told that I should call back around noon. I called back about 11:30 and I was told that the car had a broken bolt inside the engine and that they already removed the old bolt by drilling it out and replaced it with a new one. That's when I told them that there was no bolt broken because I already looked into it with a mirror and stuck a tool inside to verify that there was no bolt inside.

Any ways to make a long story short they did not charge me to put another bolt in, but they didn't pay for my alternator and radiator either. On top of all this when I picked up the vehicle that afternoon I when to wash the engine because there was some antifreeze all over the compartment. I noticed that my new radiator had a gouge and some antifreeze was leaking out. I didn't go back that same day because it was too late.

The next day I took my car back only to be told that I should not be on their property and that they had no idea how the radiator got damaged. I went ahead and filed a claim with Small Claims. So, if anyone out there has had similar problems with Pat's auto repair please post your complaints. Thanks......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pats-Professional-Auto-Truck-Service/Glendale-Arizona-85308/Pats-Professional-Auto-Truck-Service-didnt-honor-warranty-6175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pat's Professional Auto & Truck Service