Complaint Review: Patty Servaes, Elder Resource Benefits Consulting, and Servaes Consulting

• Submitted: Sun, October 13, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Edward — Brockton Massachusetts
Patty Servaes, Elder Resource Benefits Consulting, and Servaes Consulting
365 Boston Post Road #390 Sudbury, Massachusetts USA

Patty Servaes, Elder Resource Benefits Consulting, and Servaes Consulting Patty Servaes,Elder Resource Benefits Consulting, and Servaes Consulting BEWARE of Patty Servaes, Elder Resource Benefits Consulting, and Servaes Consulting Group. The FREE service will cost you $800 or more. Stay Away! Sudbury Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied customer

*Consumer Comment: Patty has been amazing

*Consumer Comment: I thought they were very helpful

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Sorry you were unhappy

Patty Servaes and her companies Elder Resource Benefits Consulting and Servaes Consulting Group completely mislead my mother in law and my entire family.  We were referred to Patty Servaes and Elder Resource Benefits Consulting by an assisted living community.  We waited nearly two weeks to get our "coaching" call.  This information was critical to our family knowing if she could afford assisted living, clearly we were not important to Servaes.  We had been told the services of ERBC were free and that Patty Servaes would help with the aid and attendance application for VA benefits.  After my wife finally had our call with someone who my wife described as reading a script and not truly knowledgeable, we set out to gather all the information we need to apply for the VA benefit.

When we called Elder Resource Benefits Consulting back my mother in law had elected another assisted living facility who apparently had not paid Patty Servaes "advertising fee."  We were told that since we were not moving to one of her partner communities we would have to pay $800 to Servaes Consulting Group (read here: http://www.elderbenefitsconsulting.com/fullconsultingservices.html ).   My family was really angry, a real bait and switch.  I don't know how they can promote a free service, then charge $800 for a cash flow analysis - what a SCAM!

We then called our county VA representative who told us it is illegal to charge for assistance with a VA application.  I don't know how they get away with it.  My guess is this is why Patty Servaes started started the new company Servaes Consulting Group https://servaesconsulting.com/ in July 2013.  Probably to get around some VA rules she was violating.

Do yourself a favor, find someone else to help with this benefit.  My mother in law is going to get $1100 from the VA and it didn't cost us anything to apply.  Somehow we were able to do it without paying Servaes $800, I am sure you can to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patty-Servaes-Elder-Resource-Benefits-Consulting-and-Servaes-Consulting-/Sudbury-Massachusetts-01776/Patty-Servaes-Elder-Resource-Benefits-Consulting-and-Servaes-Consulting-Patty-Servaes-1091607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patty Servaes, Elder Resource Benefits Consulting, and Servaes Consulting

Satisfied customer

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I'm telling anyone who will listen how quickly we got the award for my mom – it only took 2 months! The quick response was thanks to the professional, detail-oriented company mentioned above. I was amazed when I saw the award letter in the mailbox so soon! But not as amazed as I am by this unfair characterization of this company.

Patty has been amazing

AUTHOR: Justin M. - ()

It’s shocking to me to read your complaint as Patty has been nothing short of a God send to my family.

I’m glad that it sounds like your mother-in-law will be receiving her benefit from the VA without any assistance, but you’re one of the lucky ones. My family’s experience with the VA (and many others I’ve met) has been nothing short of a nightmare

Good luck if the VA has any issue or additional requirements whatsoever for your filing.  The VA will do anything and everything they can not to pay your claim and they will drag it on for years.

My parents (father was a veteran) both had debilitating neurological diseases and needed full time care costing nearly $60,000 a year. The VA dragged things on so long that my parents passed away without ever receiving a penny of their VA aid and attendance benefit.

I did purchase an $800 analysis after having spent thousands with an attorney and getting nowhere. Patty has been the first reputable, honest and knowledgeable person I have found in the 4 years I have been working with attorneys and the VA.  Thanks to her and the work she’s put in I finally have confidence that our accrued benefit’s claim is being resolved.

I don’t see any evidence of a bait and switch from what you’ve written and it’s a shame that you’re attacking the reputation of someone who’s been nothing short of amazing helping my family.  If I’d known about her sooner we could have saved our family years of stress and thousands of dollars dealing with the VA.

I thought they were very helpful

AUTHOR: vadaughter - ()

Personally I found them very helpful in helping with my dad's application for VA Aid and Attendance application.  It appears in your report that you must have known about the fee for the service you requested since you included the link to the website.  Also, I assume they told you upfront that since your mother-in-law was not in a Partnership community, there would be a charge for that service.  So, why do you think you were misled?  When you learned of the fee, you went elsewhere for help.  Problem solved.  Seems to me this does not warrant a complaint.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Sorry you were unhappy

AUTHOR: Patty - ()

I am sorry you were unhappy with our service - as you noted, the employees read from a script at the beginning of the call - informing you that

1) we are not affiliated with the VA and

2) we are assisting you at no charge because of the advertising support from your community allows us to do a mini cash flow analysis at no charge for their residents – since a full cash flow analysis is $800, that is quite a benefit.  I am sorry it took you two weeks to have a call with ERBC - ERBC always has calls available within 48hrs, so the open appointments must not have fit with your schedule. They have certainly never gone two weeks without an open appointment and had appointments available today – same day.

It is very clear on the www.elderbenefitsconsulting.com  website how the business works – there is no bait and switch – and if you were to honestly think about what transpired, you learned a lot, probably locked in the VA benefit and received ZERO pressure from anyone to become a Cash Flow Analysis client of Servaes Consulting Group.  And no, Servaes Consulting Group was not, as you imply, created to avoid any laws, it was created because our appeal work has taken off.

Anyone can pursue the VA benefit on their own, just as anyone can file their taxes on their own or find free tax services at the senior center or get free legal services by going to Legal Aide.  In America, people have a right to choose and some individuals choose to become cash flow analysis clients – enjoying the fact that our average time to award is 4 months, that we do not sell any annuities and that they receive pro bono updates to their cash flow analysis and assistance with VA benefits for the remainder of their life, and some choose to pursue the benefit with free assistance or no assistance at all.  As is their right.

I wish you much success and hope your mom gets the benefit asap,

Best,