Complaint Review: Paul & Cheryl Howard

• Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: Brent & Allison — Collinsville Oklahoma
Paul & Cheryl Howard
P.O. Box 91 Claremore, Oklahoma USA

Paul & Cheryl Howard They Sell Sick Puppies - Schoodles, Aussiedoodles - and they don't care Claremore Oklahoma

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response Received and Vet Bill Paid

My family and I purchased a beautiful female Aussiedoodle puppy from Paul and Cheryl Howard for $500 (cash only). He had multiple ads placed in the Tulsa World for Aussiedoodles and Schnoodles. As we were driving home with our new puppy, we realized she had a nasty cough. As the evening wore on, her cough continued to worsen and she was up all night coughing. She was very skinny and her ears and skin were dirty and scaly. I took her to our vet first thing this morning, and she has a horrible upper respiratory infection. Her ears were a mess. Our vet suggested very kindly that she was not raised in the best conditions and that the breeder was likely not taking good care of his puppies.

She was given multiple antibiotics, mutiple treatments for ear mites, and medication for parasites, all to the tune of $218. When I contacted Paul, he indicated that he did not give any guaranties on his puppies and doesn't give money back. I informed him that when he sold the puppy it constituted an oral contract, and that implied in every contract for the sale of an animal is that the animal will be in good condition. I then told him she was not in good condition. I asked Paul to pay for my vet bill. He indicated he would talk to his wife and call me back, at which point he hung up on me. I do not expect to hear back from him about my vet bill, especially after seeing all of the reports about him online. Shame on me I guess for not looking him up on Google before purchasing the dog.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-Cheryl-Howard/Claremore-Oklahoma-74018/Paul-Cheryl-Howard-They-Sell-Sick-Puppies-Schoodles-Aussiedoodles-and-they-dont-c-1084224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul & Cheryl Howard

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response Received and Vet Bill Paid

AUTHOR: Paul Oklahoma - ()

In response to this complaint. I was told by the complaintant, that to settle this matter, she was seeking that I pay for the vet bill. If I paid for the vet bill no complaints or actions would be pursued.

I called her back, emailed and texted her. We had several conversations. I offered to buy back the puppy for $500 as well as pay the vet bill. The complaintant stated she loved the puppy and did not want me to buy her back. I mailed her a money order, certified return receipt, for the amount of the vet bill, just as she requested.

I received confirmation that she received the payment. She has not contacted me since she received payment. Payment was received in less than one week of the date of purchase of the puppy.

This complaint is in breech of the verbal and writen agreed between the complaintant and myself. In addition, this matter has been settled at the request of the complaintant.