Complaint Review: Paul Hrohes or Paul Hvohes, South West Audio

• Submitted: Wed, August 21, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 21, 2002

• Reported By:Leander TX
Paul Hrohes or Paul Hvohes, South West Audio
on the street NW Austin Austin, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 512-636 6420
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Paul Hrohes & South West Audio is ripoff; worthless Audiofile speakers. Austin, Texas

*0: Audiofile speaker ripoff name update

Three kids pulled the speaker ripoff on me in Northwest Austin TX today. They yelled at me at a stop light and I rolled my window down thinking there was something wrong with my truck. They wanted to know if I wanted to buy some speakers.

They followed me to a residential street were I was shown $1300 speakers. I saw a paid receipt for half as many speakers as there were in their white van. They told me a story about the boss keeping a big screen TV that they had gotten as the result of an error when the factory gave them one too many. They talked about installing sound system in downtown clubs as the main business of South West Audio.

I bit hard. I bought 4 at $250 each. They were all supposed to be cherry. I got home and discovered that Paul had remarked the boxes as cherry. I ended up with two cherry and two maple. They are not as good as the 30 year old speakers I was replacing. I am out $1000. I would like my money back or at least four matching speakers.

Wilson
Austin, Texas

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2002 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-Hrohes-or-Paul-Hvohes-South-West-Audio/Austin-Texas-78750/Paul-Hrohes-South-West-Audio-is-ripoff-worthless-Audiofile-speakers-Austin-Texas-27592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul Hrohes or Paul Hvohes, South West Audio

#1 0

Audiofile speaker ripoff name update

AUTHOR: - ()

The name given by the person who ripped me off is Paul Hughes.