retired

Complaint Review: Paul M.

• Submitted: Fri, December 31, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, December 31, 2010

• Reported By: Kkp — Mcfarland Wisconsin United States of America
Paul M.
266 Orchard Drive Apt.3 Oregon, Wisconsin United States of America

Paul M. Rip Off Landlord Oregon, Wisconsin

My boyfriend and I first started renting from this man and it was going great he was really nice in the beginning and was very prompt with answering our questions! As time went on our minds got changed. We were having problems with our stove and I was having problems with my asthma (people smoking in the building as we were promised there wouldn't be.) As for the stove, we had gas leaking from the pilot light for a couple of months before anything was done about it. Our health was at risk and he didn't care. Anyways a couple of months later we get a new stove and its doing the same thing where the pilot light goes out like every 2 seconds and needs to be re lit which was a huge disappointment. We thought something was going to be done about it and didn't. So finally, one of my boyfriends relatives past away and left their beagle puppy to my boyfriend in their will. We could not turn the dog away. He did not allow dogs in the apartment, so we started searching for a new place that allowed dogs. I spoke to him about something else in the apartment that needed to be fixed and it was the last straw when he said the dog needed to go and I said no..you broke our lease, he told us there was no smoking which was also involved in the lease which we didn't understand and he didn't care to explain. So I told him that we were moving out at the end of the month and we weren't going to pay him the next 2 months rent (he told us we were supposed to give 2 months notice, even when he broke the lease.) Another thing that happened was that when my boyfriend was taking a shower he leaned against the tile, but not with power just to relax and it fell in. We found black mold behind the tile and was very disgusted. We told our landlord about it and said he would have it fixed. Our apartment was COMPLETELY uninhabitable with the stove not functioning right and the shower being broken, and not being fixed even when we moved out. He thinks that we owe him 560 dollars to get the shower fixed, 530X2 for the 2 months of unpaid rent, and 50 dollars to have the apartment cleaned. I think I owe this man the 50 dollars for cleaning and not a cent more. He is a slum lord who just wanted our money and didn't want to spend any of his own to help fix things up until we said the stove was the last straw that if he couldn't fix it he'd need to hire professional help with it which he finally did. Finally, he gave us our security deposit back which you are NOT supposed to do, if he thought anything further would need to be payed for. We are getting sued, he sent us a letter stating that if we didn't pay him 1,621 dollars by December 31st, 2010 he would hand it over to his attorney. Merry Christmas to us! We got the letter December 11th, 2010 mind you. So that gives us, I who am unemployed, and my boyfriend who is working less and less hours about 20 days to come up with 1,621 dollars! I don't know about you but I don't have thousands of dollars tucked away. Thank you for your time!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2010 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-M/Oregon-Wisconsin-53558/Paul-M-Rip-Off-Landlord-Oregon-Wisconsin-677321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul M.