Complaint Review: Paul Miller BMW

1515 Route 23 South, Wayne, NJ Internet United States of America

Paul Miller BMW Broke my Air Conditioning... Refused to fix. Internet

*Author of original report: Contact

*Consumer Comment: Seeking to Contact Paul

AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS - F RATING WITH BBB.

I am extremely upset on how my problem was handled at Paul Miller BMW in Wayne.  I am disgusted and bothered that my problem has escalated to the level it has. I took off work yesterday and went to the dealership directly before making any complaints to the BBB, consumer affairs, internet, etc. to try to resolve this issue and stay a customer of Paul Miller BMW.  This action in turn led to me being threatened by an employee, and being told they did not cause the problem, they are not fixing it, etc. and forcibly being told and DEMANDED to GET OFF THE PRIVATE PROPERTY REPEATEDLY by Mike Gruber (Service Manager Director) in which I had to call the police to come and get involved with this matter and file a police report.

I brought my car to BMW in Bloomfield on August 13, 2012 to get an initial oil change, and a Diagnostic check and Multi-Point Inspection of the vehicle because I just purchased the 2003 X5 (66,000 miles) a week earlier from TSJ Auto Brokers in Lakewood, NJ, the car was in excellent, mint working condition.  Bloomfield BMW did an oil change and a full diagnostic check on the vehicle which I have all the reports/codes and told me only a couple things that needed to be done with the car: belts, air intake boot, and engine gasket was leaking.    Other than those things, they said and documented the car was working perfectly.

I brought the car to Paul Miller BMW because it is closer to my home to have the above mentioned things fixed, once there they also told me the water pump, thermostat, hose, disa valve, expansion tank, etc needed to be done. I agreed to do all of those things as well.  I came back two days later to pick up the car and my air conditioning was suddenly and completely broke and blowing hot air which we noticed IMMEDIATELY because someone left it on and set both temperatures all the way to 60 degrees which me or my wife have never put it below 68-70 because the air coming out was freezing and it worked PERFECTLY.  It is very strange, that after a 6 mile test drive drive by a SERVICE mechanic, that NO ONE ever mentioned to me, oh by the way, your air conditioner is broke.

Rather than deal with this problem and correct it, your dealership would rather lose a customer for life, treat a customer in extreme disrespect, and risk the consequences of me talking to friends, family about this experience, and filing numerous complaints against this business.  Mike Gruber would rather simply strong arm me and shoved me off like I was garbage and DEMAND me off the property saying this is private property. If this is the case than I have no problem letting EVERYONE know how I feel and explaining exactly what happened to protect other customers from this happening to them.  I don't understand how this dealership thinks a customer can drop a car off to be fixed, and when you go to pick it up something else is completely broke and they expect you to pay for it.  I refuse to allow this to happen, and be treated the way I was treated by your company.  I simply wanted the problem addressed and corrected, instead they made a very poor business decision in the way they dealt with this issue.

(((REDACTED)))@gmail.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-Miller-BMW/internet/Paul-Miller-BMW-Broke-my-Air-Conditioning-Refused-to-fix-Internet-1036130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul Miller BMW

Contact

AUTHOR: pf81 - ()

Leave your email or contact number is possible and I would be happy to discuss.

(((redacted)))

Seeking to Contact Paul

AUTHOR: ANNE - ()

I am seeking to contact Paul regarding a similar experience I endured at Paul Miller BMW re: Michael Gruber