Complaint Review: Paul Miller Trucking

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: TruckingCompaniesAreCrooks — Anonymous Pennsylvania USA
Paul Miller Trucking
2238 Stoverstown Road Spring Grove, PA 17362 Spring Grove, Pennsylvania United States of America

Paul Miller Trucking Paul Miller Express A Bunch of Lies Once Again From A Trucking Company That Say They Know How Treat Their Drivers Spring Grove, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: I know It's Not Easy!! But Really??

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: PAUL MILLER TRUCKING IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE A GREAT DRIVER

Once again a Trucking company that lie to hired good employees. Paul Miller Trucking is about making money and treating the the drivers that make the money for the company like crap. They tell you that they a small family company that know how to treated drivers. The Company was established back in 1978 by Paul Miller, Sr. Now the the company is in transition of being run by Paul Miller, Jr. It lacks much in areas of operations, competitive pay, safety bonus program, benefits, and fleet equipment. They expected a very lot from there drivers but treat them like slaves.

For one a company is only as good as who operates it and the that the big issues itself. Paul Miller, Jr. is a good person but might need more in learning how to listening and taking better care of his drivers. Then the Operations Manager-Stacy Paullin who supposed to know about the trucking industry cause her father was a trucker don't even have a clue. She really good putting blame on the driver when things goes wrong. Especially when the dispatchers and planner don't give all the accurate information and resources to be productive.

I was very disappointed with this company cause the small family trucking business that operated by trucker supposed to be the best of the best. Cause they supposed to know how mentally and physically exhausting it is on the road as driver that sacrifice much as family time with there family, improper eating habits on the road, not having time for personal hygiene, and proper rest. The one and only main reason is Paul Miller Trucking is thinking about is revenue. They aren't thinking about the human beings that making the money for  them to profitable.

But, Paul Miller, Jr. and Sr. need to address the Operations staff instead of firing and drivers resign. Cause the the company have a very high turnover rate when it come to drivers. It bad when the company been operation since 1979. You only have one driver with over ten years of service and another with only three years of services. When in all they only have about seventy drivers company wide. The only variable that stand out is the poor proficient operations staff over the years.

This Company have a very long way to go before is run with bigger companies that really know how to treat their driver with competitive wages and benefits. As of right now a driver that been in the trucking business for over twenty years. I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paul-Miller-Trucking/Spring-Grove-Pennsylvania-17362/Paul-Miller-Trucking-Paul-Miller-Express-A-Bunch-of-Lies-Once-Again-From-A-Trucking-Compan-922142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul Miller Trucking

#1 General Comment

I know It's Not Easy!! But Really??

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

I have been a Class A driver for over 20 years now, most of that 20 has been spent working for a company owned by my inlaws, so as You can imagine I had a very good look as to what it takes to keep a company rolling in todays environment. I also want to state that I have never worked for PMT, but at this point in my career I am looking for work and this is one of the company's I have looked into.

I have found that if a company is "Bad" You will see their name listed here numerous times and not just once. And most realistic complaints are of none payment or just plain old running guy's illegal. None of which I see here. Just a polite bashing of people working to keep the place going. Which makes me wonder how long You have been at Driving professionally. If it has not been too long under 5 years then I can undrstand You (Not getting it). It meaning how difficult it is to retain a customer or how impossible it is to remain competitive in rates. Keep in mind all of these things depend on the Driver.

Having not only worked for one of the largest Flat bed carriers on the East coast.I have also palyed the O/O game too. That large carrier is long gone now and all of the jobs that went with it are too. This industry is as nasty as it gets on the business end of things, so imagine how difficult it must be to keep live roses on a drivers dash. It sounds to me like You may have been unprepaired for real flatbedding. And I totally understand but to bash personal in the office is a real downer. UNLESS They have deliberately wronged You on purpose, which I doubt. I know it always fels like that but rarely is that the case.

I'll tell You this, I recently suffered a license suspension due to the company I was working for not having a certain document they needed in the cab. I got bagged and ticketed. It somehow got overlooked by them and i was out a license to drive anything unless it was pedal powered, It finally got straightened out but is still on my Record as a suspension.And let me tell you finding a job with that on your history is no walk in the park. Mind You I have only one real violation and zero accidents for over 20 years. PMT were the first and only people so far to actually call me and ask for an explanation. No one els has to this point. You check that yes box and i can pretty much guaranty where that app goes. Unfortunately i probably wont be able to work for them for other reasons. But it speaks volumes that they did that. It also speaks for it self when I see only one complaint about a company. So i would surley take this one with a grain of salt.

As for You sir. I wish You the best and hope that You understand my point about picking on people personally on line. If there were 10 other complaints out there like yours then ok, but maybe sometimes we need to check ourselves first. I know from experience it dosen't always work out for us as drivers. I know all to well. If I could go and get my old job back i would have my tail so far betwen my legs.But too late now.

Getting a guy home for every weekend is not easy, the freight tree out back isn't always in bloom. But this seems like a place where if You take one for the team it dosen't go overlooked. I understand they have made some serious efforts in their office to improve things. And again that speaks volumes. Because its alot easier to listen to us than it is to make real changes. And as for them keeping pace with the bigger companies, well just look around this site and you'll see bigger isn't always better.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

PAUL MILLER TRUCKING IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE A GREAT DRIVER

AUTHOR: Paul Miller Jr - (United States of America)

Dear sir or madam

I am sad to hear that you have such a bad opinion of our company. I would only ask that you please give me some examples of what events happened to you that lead you to make such a bold and hurtful statement about PMT. We do everything in our power to keep our drivers happy and profitable. With that said we do expect our drivers to be on time for pickup and deliveries, run legal and not tear up equipment. The fact that you are making some of the statements that you are leads me to believe that you are a driver that has possibly had a problem meeting some of these expectations and thats ok, PMT is not for everyone. I just ask that you give me the common courtesy to let me sit down with you one on one and address whatever issues you have with my company, because i can assure you that If you do have a valid complaint I will address it because that is my job and I take the satisfaction of my drivers very seriously. I am sure whoever this is that you have my contact information but if you do not, My e mail is paulmillerjr@paulmillertrucking.com.  I apologize to any of our current or potential drivers that have to read this negative feedback of our company. i only ask that instead of using an anonymous posting such as this to form an opinion of our company, that you talk to drivers that are currently working for us. That is the only way to get a true read on a company.