Complaint Review: Paula Dew, Foster Care Worker, Department Of Social Services, Plattsburgh, New York

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2008

• Reported By:plattsburgh New York
Department Of Social Services Durkee Street Plattsburgh New York Plattsburgh, New York U.S.A.

Paula Dew, Foster Care Worker, Department Of Social Services, Plattsburgh, New York attempt tp coerce me into signing my rights to my daughter away on a false pretense Plattsburgh New York

*Consumer Suggestion: There are missing pieces from your report/perhaps I can help

My husband and I met with the caseworker, foster parents, and one other worker just the other week. Every so often that your child is in foster care they do service plan reviews. The foster care worker, Paula Dew, started off by saying that the judge did order the goal to be for my daughter to be freed for adoption (which is true, although he did order a psych eval to determine whether she will be adopted or returned to me). She went on to elaborate that my 14 month old daughter has been showing a decrease of interest in playing with me lately, shown by her physcially turning away from me for a second here or there (which is true, and I do manage to turn that around so she is happily playing with me and is actively participating in our visits). Paula Dew said that she believes my daughters actions are because she is making a decision that she does not want to be with me and would prefer to be with the foster parents. She said that if I continue to pursue getting my daughter back that the courts can use the court ordered psych eval against me and I could loose my son (who is in his fathers custody NOT mine) and my stepson (who lives with his father and I). She went on to say that if I was willing to sign my daughter over to them then that she can get me out of the court ordered psych eval and they would "let my get one letter a year and one picture a year about my daughter from them". She then said " I even talked to the foster parents and they might even be willing to let you have more than one a year". She said then "Have you thought what would be in your daughters best interest" and kept trying to resay that throughout the visit despite my adament desire to get my daughter back and fight this out for her.

Illfight2theend
plattsburgh, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paula-Dew-Foster-Care-Worker-Department-Of-Social-Services-Plattsburgh-New-York/Plattsburgh-New-York-12901/Paula-Dew-Foster-Care-Worker-Department-Of-Social-Services-Plattsburgh-New-York-attemp-343992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paula Dew, Foster Care Worker, Department Of Social Services, Plattsburgh, New York

#1 Consumer Suggestion

There are missing pieces from your report/perhaps I can help

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

I know all about the service plan reviews as I am a Casa Worker. Why was your young child taken away in the first plan and why did the judge order a psyc eval anyway? You left these important pieces out of your report as well as why is your son not in your care? month old is very young to have been removed. I am all for fighting to get your child back if that is actually in the childs best interest, but sometimes parents overlook why the child was removed in the first place. If you could fill me in perhaps I could offer some suggestions. Have you had any Foster Care Review Board Hearings yet? They are very helpful here and usually they will give you items to work towards so that you can have your child returned back to you.

good luck and I would like to help if you would care to have any suggestions,

Cat