Complaint Review: Paula's Discount Eyeglasses

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: C.P — State College Pennsylvania United States of America
Paula's Discount Eyeglasses
Lehigh Ave, sayre, Pennsylvania United States of America

Paula's Discount Eyeglasses HORRIBLE, RUDE, DISRESECTFUL SERVICE sayre, Pennsylvania

HOW ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! I URGE ANYONE WHO PLANS/CURRENTLY GOES TO PAULA'S DISCOUNT EYE GLASSES TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT EYEGLASS LOCATION.

First of all, its been 5 miserable weeks that I have been without my glasses. After not having them for 2 weeks, I went home to order my new frames from Paula's, which I did on a Saturday morning first thing. They barely had any decent frames to select from (even the pricey ones were crap). Then they tell me that it'll be roughly 1-2 weeks until I get them in the mail at school down here in State College. A week and a half goes by and I decide to call to see if they have an estimate for me on when they'd be here, because ive been experiencing SEVERE migraines almost every day.

They tell me that they send their frames out to have the prescription lenses fitting and placed into the frames at a location that does such things, and that while in the process of placing my one lens in the frame, it fell into their machine, cracked and then broke and that the frames would take an extra few days to be shipped, but once theyre shipped, they will be shipped priority. So after 2 more days of killer migraines, my annoyed mother calls Paula's (this would be last Thursday).. and they said that the frames were due to be received into Paula's that day and would be shipped ASAP.

It is now Tuesday of the next week (2.5 weeks since I ordered the frames initially), I called to get a location on the whereabouts of my glasses. First of all, the older woman placed me on hold for 7 minutes, then the line disconnected. I called back and she answered immediately (almost as if she was ashamed/nervous to yet again tell me bad news). She placed me on hold AGAIN and put me on the line with the young man I'd initially ordered the frames from. He told me that they are still waiting on the other lens to come in, and that it should be here by Thursday of this week (a week after he told my mother it would be in) and that they would ship them asap.

THE SAME EXACT LINE HE FED MY MOTHER A WEEK PRIOR!!!! I had a fit and not once did he say sorry. It will be 5 weeks that I have gone without glasses, 3 of them in which the glasses were ordered and were in limbo somewhere. Idk what upsets me more, the fact that they assumed us to be MORONS or that they lied to my mother last Thursday almost to shut us up and get us to stop calling inquiring about the location of my glasses, which my mother paid around $200 for!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paulas-Discount-Eyeglasses/sayre-Pennsylvania-18840/Paulas-Discount-Eyeglasses-HORRIBLE-RUDE-DISRESECTFUL-SERVICE-sayre-Pennsylvania-1013043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paula's Discount Eyeglasses