Complaint Review: Pawpatch Rhodesian Ridgeback Kennel

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: Ridgeback lover — Waco Texas
Pawpatch Rhodesian Ridgeback Kennel
803 ACR 2133 Palestine, Texas USA

Pawpatch Rhodesian Ridgeback Kennel Steve Quick, owner Puppy was misrepresented and he refused to refund the deposit Palestine Texas

*Consumer Comment: Steve Quick Criminal Record

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False report

We had a very bad experience with Steve Quick at PawPatch.   I wanted a 2nd Rhodesian Ridgeback and my husband surprised me for Christmas with a gift to go pick up a puppy at Paw Patch Kennel, a breeder which he found on the internet.  He had signed a contract and prepaid for the puppy.  We drove 100 miles to pick her up and realized that these puppies and this kennel were not as represented on his website.  Mr. Quick was very sharp and did not answer my questions.  We carefully examined the puppy as well as the Sire and Dame (parents).  The puppy did not have the typical Rhodesian Ridgeback characteristics that we desired, so we did not take her.  We asked for our money back, but Mr. Quick refused to refund the money.  We had to finally get an attorney involved, but only recovered half of the money.

Another reason for our decision not to take the puppy was that the dogs here were not friendly dogs and did not warm up to us – they were 50 or more all locked in very small wire pens.  They did not seem to have good temperments.

We knew that this environment was not only physically unhealthy, but also yields dogs that have behavior problems.  I have never seen a “puppy farm”, but this kennel appears to fit the description.  Mr. Quick is only after your money and does not care about the sweet dogs and their puppies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pawpatch-Rhodesian-Ridgeback-Kennel/Palestine-Texas-75801/Pawpatch-Rhodesian-Ridgeback-Kennel-Steve-Quick-owner-Puppy-was-misrepresented-and-he-re-1066583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pawpatch Rhodesian Ridgeback Kennel

Steve Quick Criminal Record

AUTHOR: Doug - (USA)

Steve QUick was arrested for assault, while running for Sheriff of Anderson County:

He also breeds his females excessively, in once case the same girl had 9 litters in 7 years.  This is inhumane and not the practice of a responsible breeder.  If you would like a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy, find a breeder on the Breeders List of the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of America website.  They are humane, knowledgeable and helpful.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False report

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

This report is completely false and wrongfully stated. I had sold a puppy to this ladies husband as a christmas gift and agreed to hold it after the holidays, without any questions. On December 27th, he was bringing his wife to let her see her puppy. He had already paid in full for the puppy, so I did not have it available for anyone else to view. After their visit, his wife called and said she did not want the puppy and would like to apply the purchase price towards another puppy. She wanted a skinner version of the Rhodesian, which I told her I breed mostly larger size dogs, but I did agree to do this. the puppy that her husband purchased was never misrepresented and was the exact puppy he wanted for her as a gift. It was harder for me to place the puppy, they had originally purchased, due to she was much older and I had to take less for her to get her a good home. Then in February I did finally have a puppy that fit the desired look she wanted, however she gave me the run around and said she was to busy for a puppy. As far as her statement that my dogs are not friendly, she was running around my kennel, running up to the kennels scaring my dogs and they were reacting the way they are suppose to. I told her husband I was afraid she might fall, due to she was very old and about fell several times. The way she was approaching my dogs, I did not expect any of them to come to her. She was a stranger and as anyone who owns a Rhodesian knows, that is what they are suppose to do. I did refuse to refund their deposit, due to the fact that he had signed the deposit agreement and I had held the puppy for about 6 weeks in good faith, that they were going to pick up their paid for puppy. My kennels are inspected by AKC every two years and if you want to find out about her calling me a puppy mill then please visit my facebook page and visit with or view many of my dogs. This lady was very rude to her husband and very demanding. He tried to do a good thing for her, by purchasing her a good nice quality puppy. I am glad she is not my wife, I would not be able to handle her type of personality. He seem to be a nice man and it is apparant that his wife is a very hard to please type person. I am now glad she did not take my puppy and had she not been so rude to me on the phone, I may have refunded all the money, but due to her rude and hateful words, I honored my deposit agreement and did not refund the deposit, which her husband understood he had agreed to. I tried many times to place a puppy with this lady and then in June she made the demand for her money back. I am like "really". If anyone has any further questions about this false statement or any statements on this bad site, then please don't heisitate to contact me. . Thanks