assumption

Complaint Review: Pay Pal Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 08, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: Zakk — Arlington Texas United States of America
Pay Pal Inc.

Pay Pal Inc. Paypal.com Bogus Buyer Protection, Does not live up to guarantees. Customer service misinforming and rude Internet

*Author of original report: Thanx for taking the time to read this

*Consumer Comment: oddly enough...

*Consumer Comment: More info...

*Consumer Comment: You should have a case...

*Author of original report: Update on the facts

*Consumer Comment: You left something important out of this report..the facts..

A few month ago I was unable to resolve a dispute with a merchant directly so I filed a claim with paypal. During the 45 day period I never heard anything back from paypal and was unable to get any information on the case in my account at the resolution center. when I called on the phone, nobody knew what case I was talking about even when I gave them the transaction number from my paypal account!

I had nearly forgotten about the dispute when paypal sent me an email stating that the case had been closed and my refund was denied. I never got a single email until yesterday. I was not given any sort of chance to reply to anything the merchant said.

I immediately called paypal and the person I spoke with told me they were going to reopen the dispute. I was sent copies of emails regarding the dispute.  I was told to respond to the email and that the dispute would be immediately re-opened.

I responded to the email only to have the email returned undeliverable.  I called back and was told to do the exact same thing at least 3 times.  each time the email came back undeliverable. Paypal is obviously having trouble with their email.

After spending over 4 hours on the phone going in circles with Paypal they have finally refused to reopen the dispute, even after they said they would due to the mistake they had made. This is definitely not how I expected paypal to stand behind their buyer protection guarantee. Buyer beware...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2010 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pay-Pal-Inc/internet/Pay-Pal-Inc-Paypalcom-Bogus-Buyer-Protection-Does-not-live-up-to-guarantees-Customer-591079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pay Pal Inc.

Thanx for taking the time to read this

AUTHOR: Zakk - (USA)

It's not even about my 25 dollars anymore.  It's about the 150+ complaints filed with the Florida Better Business Bureau of the exact same nature.  Needless to say their ranking with the BBB is an F-.  The Florida BBB recommended that I file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision.  This is about a lot more than just 25 dollars.

But Paypal is standing up for this company.  PayPal was dishonest about reopening the case and giving me a fair chance.  Maybe their hands are tied on this and the result would be the same even if they did reopen the case and let me put my two cents in...

I own two businesses.  They're not million dollar companies but they are successful and they pay the bills.  Sometimes we make mistakes and our customers aren't happy with our services.  But, as long as they bring it to our attention, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure we make it right.  And if we tell a customer we are going to do something we do it

Paypal made a mistake by not sending me a single piece of correspondence until after the case was closed.  And they're not doing anything to make it right.  Even if they did refund my 25 dollars, I still wouldn't be satisfied about the way they handled it.

I won't be satisfied until they reopen this case and stick it to these payasyougoelectonics.com people!

I guess my real frustration is with this other company.  Refund or no refund, companies that prey on people in desperate situations shouldn't be idly allowed to get away with it.  We need to send a message that you can't make a living ripping people off.

oddly enough...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

The gaming company websites contact info address is very close to the corporate listed ones address, so they may be the same, I do not have enough info from you to verify this...but...

I noticed in the FAQ section...where it lists forms of payment accepted, most major credit cards, and then it says "we do not accept paypal".

So either the companies are unrelated and just confidentially located very close together, or they no longer accept paypal since the buyer protection could force refunds..I wonder....

More info...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

I don't know if this will help, but other then the legit gaming company going by the same name, I found this on Corporation WIKI....If this is the same company you are dealing with, it is not "fake", but this does not mean you weren't defrauded or scammed.

This is pubic information so don't be afraid to use it if it can help with your case. Of course we only know one side of the story, so perhaps a representative from MMO concepts would like to respond or rebut to help clear this up.

Incorporated by Larry M Neal, Mmo Concepts LLC is located at 5185 Flax Rd Pensacola, FL 32504. Mmo Concepts LLC was incorporated on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 in the State of FL and is currently active. Larry M Neal represents Mmo Concepts LLC as their registered agent.

FL Corporate Record

Pensacola, FL 32504
File Date:     4/29/2008
Active:     True
Filing Type:     Florida Limited Liability

You should have a case...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

I did a search for MMO concepts, and the only things that come up, are some kind of gaming company which seems legit, and 3 complaints lodged against a company with that name, accusing them of being a fake and taking a 25.00 deposit.

I can't imagine why paypal would side with a fake company in a dispute, but if no other information was left out, I think in this case paypal is wrong. I understand from the other report, that paypal refunded it, then sent it back and now your account is negative $25.00 and you refuse to cover it.

The problem is, it won't hurt paypal that much if you don't pay it, but it will hurt your credit rating, and probably go to collections.

If I were you, as much of a pain in the neck and time consuming it is to deal with paypal customer service, and most likely in India with a language barrier, I would call them back and insist that they refund the 25.00, or give a very valid reason why they are not refunding it back to you.

You do state this $25.00 was some kind of application fee. Do you know if that is refundable? If the company policy states anywhere in writing it is not, then that may be why paypal reversed the charges back to them. Regardless of the situation in that case, paypal may be legally bound, and the dispute is then really between you, and MMO concepts.

Update on the facts

AUTHOR: Zakk - (United States of America)

I've included a link to a corresponding report I made today regarding this report.  I hope this clears things up.

You left something important out of this report..the facts..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Apparently you lost the dispute. But since you did not post the facts of this case, how can we believe you were defrauded in any way?

I once had a dispute where I paid for an item via paypal, the item was never sent, the seller ignored emails, so I lodged a dispute with the paypal resolution center.

The seller did not respond in time, or perhaps not at all I guess, but whatever the reason, I was sent a refund.

So the protection worked for me. Why did it not work for you? Is your complaint only that paypal took 45 days (which is the policy), or that you lost a dispute?

Where you have a valid complaint, is if it is true the emails were undeliverable due to a problem on their end, and this led to a delay which caused the dispute to not be re-opened. But if the facts of the case were reported, at least those of us who use paypal often and are very familiar with the policies, could advise if it's even worth the effort to re-open the dispute.

The buyer protection plan is actually very fair and weighted towards the buyer, but at the same time, the sellers have rights to, they also can be defrauded so it works both ways. Disputes are judged and decided on a case by case basis.