desperate

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: Nic95403 — Santa Rosa California United States of America
Pay Pal - Yang Li
San Jose, California United States of America

Pay Pal - Yang Li Yangli760@yahoo.com Security Breach on account - Internet Fraud San Jose, California

I submitted a payment through a reputable Website on Sunday, December 9, 2012 using Pay Pal.

An electronic receipt was received via email on Monday, December 10, 2012, acknowledging the payment of $14.00 from my Pay Pal account.

On the evening of Thursday, December 13, 2012, I received an email at approximately 11:06 PM from Pay Pal advising me that my payment had been sent.  I opened the email to discover that a transaction payable to a Yang Li (Yangli760@yahoo.com) in the amount of $236.00 had been processed through my Pay Pal account.  I immediately signed into my Pay Pal account, and sure enough, showing in the recent transaction history was a payment to: Yang Li in the amount of $236.00.

I initiated an online dispute/fraud claim with Pay Pal moments after accessing my account and then called Pay Pal on the morning of Friday, December 14, 2012. I spoke with a "Corrinne" in the Limitations Department, who advised me that she would expedite my claim and that I should see my funds credited back to my Bank account within 24-72 hours.  This did not occur.

I called Pay Pal again on Wednesday, December 19, 2012, and spoke with an individual by the name of "Ty" who advised me that I had been misinformed in regards to my claim being expedited and that it typically took ten business days to resolve.  His exact comment during the phone conversation when discussing the amount in question was, "That's quite a chunk, normally it's like $15.00."  There did not appear to be any sense of urgency in resolving this matter at all, although I am sure had it been his own funds that had been pulled out of his Bank account, he would have expected immediate resolution.

Pay Pal has claimed that it it has fixed all of its security issues in the past, and in listening to their recording advertisement while on hold, stating "think of your Pay Pal account as your own safe deposit box."  This is so far from the truth.  This was flat out fraud.  A complete stranger was able to hack into my Pay Pal account and process a transaction, paying themselves a substantial payment.

Pay Pal is of course emailing the other party in attempt to resolve this dispute. Do they really think they are going to reply? It was a bogus email account setup for the purpose of ripping innocent consumers off, and Pay Pal in totally nonchalant about it. Apparently it must happen all of the time.

Meanwhile, Pay Pal sits on funds that rightfully belong to you.

Do not use this company as means of transferring money, or using them for collecting funds on sales or anything where a balance may be kept or your Bank information is stored. They are not safe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pay-Pal-Yang-Li/San-Jose-California-/Pay-Pal-Yang-Li-Yangli760yahoocom-Security-Breach-on-account-Internet-Fraud-San-Jose-984745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pay Pal - Yang Li