visual

Pay Pal
, California USA

Pay Pal Unauthorized Charge on Bank Account California

*Consumer Comment: The set up

I use paypal only when I have to. My default payment option is a credit card and my bank account is for back up but I never use it. Well made a purchase last week through e-bay and they charged my bank account first which didnt have the available funds and thats why my card is the default payment option and I was hit with a $35 fee and they submitted it twice for  a total of $70 so I called and they didnt recognize their mistake or refund or contact my bank to admit their error. Im dropping pay pal like a bad habit

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 03:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pay-Pal/California/Pay-Pal-Unauthorized-Charge-on-Bank-Account-California-1071228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pay Pal

The set up

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Even though you set up your credit card as the default payment, it seems that their interface default the bank account first. In other words, your set up as default may not be working now. I did try the payment via Paypal the other day and the default option they gave me was from bank account. So whenever you pay using Paypal, keep your eye open and do not believe that your default setting will kick in...