Complaint Review: Pay Pal

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Richard — Los Angeles California United States of America
Pay Pal

Pay Pal Pay pal provided wrong address to buyer to return item, when the address on file is clearly different.Internet

I sold a amplifier on ebay that was on a few months old and in perfect working condition.  The reason I sold this amp was I wanted to upgrade to a better unit, which I did also through ebay.  10 days after the amp was delivered the buyer said it doesnt work and of course ebay judged that I need to refund his money,  (Pay pal addmitted to me over the phone that disputes always favor the buyer)  So the buyer sends the amp back to me to an address provided to him by paypal, an address that I have not lived at for almost 4 years.  This is  not the current address listed on my paypal account or on my ebay account.  The package was delivered to and signed for at the wrong address and paypal says there is nothing they can do eventhough this address is not listed as my current primary address.  All my correspondence with pay pal and ebay including the monthly statement they send to me come to my current address.  They told me on the phone that ebay provided them with this address,  that is a lie I checked my personal information at ebay and that old address is not there.  At this point I cant even get anyone fron paypal to call me back, I also went to my old address to try and retreive the package and no one has seen the package.  What do I do?  I am supporting a family of 6 and cannot afford to be out this money $345.00 which paypal has a hold on in my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pay-Pal/internet/Pay-Pal-Pay-pal-provided-wrong-address-to-buyer-to-return-item-when-the-address-on-file-744808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pay Pal