• Report: #320157

• Submitted: Sat, March 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 22, 2008

• Reported By:NorthVernon Indiana
PayPal Buyer Credit / GE Consumer Finance
PayPal.geconsumerfinance.com Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

PayPal Buyer Credit / GE Consumer Finance Can't Access PayPal/GE Consumer Finance Website to Pay Online & Then Have to Pay Unfair Fees to Pay by Phone Orlando Florida

This is the third month in a row that I have tried to access PayPal's Buyer Credit website to pay my bill online and not been able to access the site. The first time this happened, I called the customer service line and explained that I wasn't able to get to the website and she "waived" the ridiculous pay-by-phone fee of $15. The second time, after much patience, I was able to get to the website, but by them my payment was late because I figured it would get there online before the due date; of course it didn't because of inability to access the website and I was late with my payment and incurred a nice hefty late fee on top of my normal billing charges. I am pursuing getting that fee removed.

Again, this month, I am unable to access the website to make my payment. Should have just mailed it in and saved myself the aggravation. I keep getting an error message that the server is busy or may be down. How convenient. I am going to call the customer service number and before I even go to make my payment on the phone, I am going to demand that they waive that $15 charge. WHY does a company charge a consumer $15 for the consumer to PAY the company? The company is already making money from me in the first place, especially if I am carrying a balance on my line of credit at 22.99%!!

I think a lawyer needs to look into the unfair charges that GE Consumer Finance (and PayPal) is charging their customers and also PayPal needs to get crackin' on having their website up and running properly so that consumers can make their payments on time and skip having to call customer "service" because the only service they give is to the company.

Cheryl
NorthVernon, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2008 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal-Buyer-Credit-GE-Consumer-Finance/Orlando-Florida/PayPal-Buyer-Credit-GE-Consumer-Finance-Cant-Access-PayPalGE-Consumer-Finance-Website-320157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal Buyer Credit / GE Consumer Finance