Complaint Review: PayPal Buyer Credit - GE Money Bank

po box 981064 el paso, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 8665713012
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

PayPal Buyer Credit - GE Money Bank GE Bank They charge fees to pentalize you when you make your payments. el paso, Texas

I usually pay my bill online and depening on how many days are in the month my payment is due on the 4th or 5th or sooner or later depending...

I logged into my account tonight (the 3rd) only to see that it is due tomorrow (the 4th). In any "normal" circumstance this is perfectly fine. I am trying to make my payment before it is even due! However, PayPal Buyer Credit scams people by having a feature online that when you try to pay your bill online you must select a posting date that is at least 2 days from the current day but within 30 days.

So in other words, I would have to post my payment date on the 5th instead of the 4th because today is the 3rd... If you go 1 day late with them they charge you a $30 late fee.

So I called a rep because I did not want that to happen especially when I am trying to pay them BEFORE my account is due. The woman refused to help me and told me I could pay over the phone and have them charge me an additional $15 to post it tomorrow. I told her no I was not going to pay them an extra $15 for me to make a phone payment.

She then went into detail on why my due dates fluctuate. I don't seem to have this problem with any of my other credit card companies. I told her that I was only going to make my minimium payment (when I ALWAYS pay more) and then I would be paying it off and would NEVER do business with them again.

I also told her I was not going to pay that $30 late fee because I am not late. My account is due on the 4th and today is the 3rd. I asked why they even had that feature on the website that makes you post your payment 2 days out. She couldn't give me an answer. I told her its apparently just a way for your company to scam people out of their money. I also let them know in an email that I would be posting a review on the poor lack of customer service...

Thankfully I only owe them $275.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT OR YOU WILL GET SCREWED OVER!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2009 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal-Buyer-Credit-GE-Money-Bank/el-paso-Texas-79998/PayPal-Buyer-Credit-GE-Money-Bank-GE-Bank-They-charge-fees-to-pentalize-you-when-you-mak-489826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal Buyer Credit - GE Money Bank