Complaint Review: PayPal - Ebay

www.paypal.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 402-935-2050
  • Web:
  • Category: E-trade

PayPal - Ebay - John(id7632) Paypal misrepresents how you can pay (i.e. bank account, credit card) ripoff San Jose california

*Consumer Comment: ACTUALLY, MY READING COMPREHENSION PROBABLY IS CONSIDERABLY BETTER THAN YOURS...

*Consumer Comment: no, Sam, the world is just out to get you

*Consumer Comment: Denny you must be having your relatives respond..

*Consumer Comment: IF I DON'T WANT TO USE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT

*Consumer Comment: Sam, it seems you have failed reading comprehension 101

*Consumer Comment: Sam, it seems you have failed reading comprehension 101

*Consumer Suggestion: I use PayPal a lot

*Author of original report: Nice try Denny, now go back to work at PayPal

*Consumer Comment: I dont see a problem. checking account is always default on paypal

I was a new user to Ebay and Paypal and bought my first item. I would consider myself pretty sophisticated in my business knowledge, so I must tell the world my experience. I registered my credit card with Paypal as I was told and went to pay for my item bought on Ebay.

For some mysterious reason, it declined my credit card. Hmmmm, I wonder why? It wasn't on my end. So I called Ebay on my own nickel and they told me that their computer randomly selected me to have to enter a second credit card and it would be ok. (I'm getting really suspicious.)

After entering my second credit card, I try to pay for my purchase and it will not process through Paypal. Well, I know my cards are good and tender. Then I call Paypal back and I am told that I need to enter my personal checking account information so they could "Verify" that I am a real person. What a con! But in good faith to honor a purchase I did just that, and they sent two small amounts into my account so I could "Verify".

I was then told by Paypal that after doing this that I would have the choice to pay by my credit card by going to "alternate paying preferences" and choosing my credit card. Well, I think we all know by now what happens, it kept my checking account as the default payment, and would not let me pay with my cc.

I complained to Paypal (John, id#7632-who is supposedly a supervisor) and he told me they had no control over how their computer randomly picks people to pay for a purchase. It just happened, John said, that I had to pay through my checking account. I kept telling John, that they misrepresented payment methods to me prior to me setting this Paypal account up and should disclose this may be a problem for customers.

Anyway, after reading other reports from others on rippoffreport.com, I now know what a SCAM Paypal and EBAY really are. Not to waste anymore time with this "John", I finally told him to go %$%# himself and closed my account.

Sam
dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2006 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal-Ebay/nationwide/PayPal-Ebay-Johnid7632-Paypal-misrepresents-how-you-can-pay-ie-bank-account-cred-184105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal - Ebay

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

1. I have one of those little degrees called "Doctor of Philosophy." Actually, someone with a tenth grade education would likely be able to understand what the little blue link that reads, "More Funding Options" is for.

2. I am not related to Denny, so your argument that anyone who disagrees with you and points out what you didn't do correctly is either working for Paypal or related to someone working for Paypal is flawed.

3. I personally don't care for Paypal and keep only a couple of hundred in that account, as I don't like their policy of placing funds on hold for no valid reason. However, this time, the error does not appear to be with Paypal..it appears to be yours.

4. Your personal attack on those trying to help you speaks volumes.

no, Sam, the world is just out to get you

AUTHOR: Denny - (U.S.A.)

Cause it seems everyone who uses paypal seems to know that the "more funding options' link goes to you having a choice of what to use.

Sam, own up to your own mistakes. Take it like a man, instead of another sheep giving into false reports.

90% of complaints involving paypal , involve members who:
1) didn't follow the rules
2) didn't read
3) violated one of the terms agreement
4) paypal had nothing to do with the problem that the person created for themselves.

its real easy to categoriz the "thousands" of complaints and see the common cause . USER error; which you also committed.

Denny you must be having your relatives respond..

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

Ok, whatever you say, sport. Actually I passed my reading classes in a university, unlike some of you. And it's obvious that you don't read the thousand's of complaints against Paypal prior to mine. HMMMMMMM!!!!

I guess those are just a bunch of bunk that people are making up throughout the entire USA from different states. I guess you guys must get a bonus for every defense response you post for Paypal, Right! So, Denny and friends, the SKIPPER is calling you.

IF I DON'T WANT TO USE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

I click on "more funding options", click on one of the two credit cards I have on file, not a problem. Denny doesn't work for Paypal and neither do I..we are trying to help you.

Sam, it seems you have failed reading comprehension 101

AUTHOR: Denny - (U.S.A.)

Because Paypal doesn't force you at all. The checking account is default. But YOU CAN CHOOSE how you pay. Its the little link called 'MORE FUNDING OPTIONS' in the area where your Payment information is. ITS AVAILABLE on all transactions concerning paypal. I've never USED my checking account to pay for anything via paypal and HAVE paid 100% of all my transactions (over 3000 of them) via my CRedit Card.

How can I do that , if paypal "forces" me to use my checking account?

No, its the person's laziness and inattentiveness to what he is agreeing to that got him into trouble and the "predicament" he fell into.

and I love how you say im a paypal employee just BECAUSE I know how to read.

GET OVEr yourself Sam, maybe you should go back to your paypalsucks website.

Sam, it seems you have failed reading comprehension 101

AUTHOR: Denny - (U.S.A.)

How can I do that , if paypal "forces" me to use my checking account?

and I love how you say im a paypal employee just BECAUSE I know how to read.

GET OVEr yourself Sam, maybe you should go back to your paypalsucks website.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

I use PayPal a lot

AUTHOR: Cyn - (U.S.A.)

And Ebay, also.
I have never had any experience like that.
PayPal has NEVER forced me to use my checking account to pay. There has always been an option to choose the funding source.

Perhaps the Ebay seller specified that you had to be a "Verified" PayPal user in order to pay? There might be that option available to sellers, I don't know. But you still should have had the option of using your credit card for payment, even after you were "Verified".

Nice try Denny, now go back to work at PayPal

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

Denny, the only person that can't read correctly is apparent by you not reading what I stated. The point is that Paypal forces you to pay using your checking account, that is what happened in my situation, and represented that a credit card could be used, and, blocked out my ability to even use my credit card. We all know by now that Cheap Paypal doesn't want to pay the 3% fees to visa and mastercard.

So please get off of Gilligan's Island and get real...

I dont see a problem. checking account is always default on paypal

AUTHOR: Denny - (U.S.A.)

As its stated in their policies and terms of service.

YOU did read that didn't you?

And I always go into the "more Funding options" link when I pay for items to choose my Credit Card.

I've always known that my Checking account is the default payment type for Paypal, since it was written into their policies.

I dont see a rip off here. Just someone who didn't read what they were agreeing to, when using a service.