Complaint Review: PayPal, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: Miffed — Birmingham Alabama United States of America
PayPal, Inc.
2211 N 1st St San Jose, California United States of America

PayPal, Inc. PayPal Unfair To Consumers, Offers No Resolution San Jose, California

I opened a PayPal account to do business with clients. I have multiple PayPal accounts and this new one was for a specific business I started in February 2011. No more than two days after opening the account, I received notification that the account had been "limited" due to "questionable charges". I never used the account so that could not have been true. My bank account had $20k in it so that could not have been the problem. I looked into the resolution portion of the PayPal site and called the number provided. I was told that PayPal would not discuss the matter with me. My account was permanently limited and would not be reinstated. I moved on.

I began to receive regular update emails from PayPal that my account was limited. I tried to close the account but that is not allowed! I can't use my account for reasons that will not be discussed with me and I cannot close my account. What are my rights as a consumer? I have never done anything illegal in my life. My accounts are impeccable and my
credit is stellar. Is PayPal a bank? Is it a services provider? Either way they hold my credit information, tell me it is questionable and will not cancel my account. I either want reinstatement with the opportunity to explain whatever it is they see as questionable or I want my account canceled from their system entirely. I consider their actions questionable and I do not want my banking and credit card information in their hands.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2011 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal-Inc/San-Jose-California-95131-2021/PayPal-Inc-PayPal-Unfair-To-Consumers-Offers-No-Resolution-San-Jose-California-773437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal, Inc.