Complaint Review: PayPal Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 07, 2011

• Reported By: CaliGirl1 — Vista California USA
PayPal Inc.
2211 North First Street San Jose, California United States of America
  • Phone: 1-888-215-5506
  • Web:
  • Category: E-trade

PayPal Inc. uses fraudulant means to place limitations on multiple accounts San Jose, California

*Author of original report: PayPal Inc. illegal actions deepen

On June 6TH my son received an email from PayPal stating that limitations had been placed on his account. Ostensibly, his PayPal account was linked to three others by "several pieces of information". At least one account had a $2,000 negative balance that had to be cleared before the limitations could be removed; he was required to submit his Social Security number to PayPal.

Within 24 HRS. of my son submitting his information I received an identical email from PayPal and was told to follow the same procedures. PayPal had somehow linked both our accounts with my son's Social Security number; prior to which our accounts and two others were supposedly linked only by a mysterious email address that neither of us had ever heard of before.

My son was told that he supposedly had PayPal accounts linked to three different addresses and banks which he used to order things from ebay and then closed out the bank accounts. One of the PayPal accounts is his; one mine; the third belongs to my eldest son... all of which are in good standing and currently frozen by PayPal. The "delinquent" account is still a mystery at this point.

When asked for dates, names, and bank account information PayPal gave us both the runaround. Every time either of us tried to talk with a PayPal representative we were given different information; at one point by the same person during one phone conversation. They even claimed that my son had committed supposed fraud from multiple addresses where he never resided.

I was told that this "fraud" happened in 2005 but it took PayPal all these years to complete their investigation. My son was told PayPal would need 14 days to investigate their charges; they then handed down a guilty verdict in less than 24 HRS. He then was told the fraud happened in 2005... wait, it was 2008... PayPal can't even decide on a date but can hand down a guilty verdict... how?

In the end PayPal somehow even got enough information on my son to include his wife's parent's and grandparent's addresses in their list of false residences but refuse to submit proof of their allegations. Unable to afford legal council, we are at PayPal's mercy: none of our accounts can be cleared or deleted as PayPal has locked them down. Looks like the Beast wins again, folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2011 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal-Inc/San-Jose-California-95131/PayPal-Inc-uses-fraudulant-means-to-place-limitations-on-multiple-accounts-San-Jose-Cal-737587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal Inc.

PayPal Inc. illegal actions deepen

AUTHOR: CaliGirl1 - (USA)

Upon returning to my PayPal account I found that PayPal did not unfreeze my limitations as promised but illegally changed the email address associated with the account. On hindsight I never should have trusted them with my Social Security number; neither should my son... PayPal actually changed the name on his account. According to customer service they didn't touch our accounts... who did?