Complaint Review: PayPal

• Submitted: Mon, June 02, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2010

• Reported By:Campbellsville Kentucky
PayPal
www.paypal.com , California U.S.A.

PayPal Holding funds after customer receives item! San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Ebay/PayPal Holding Funds

*Consumer Suggestion: eBay sits on the board of the BBB

I have been using ebay and PayPal for quite some time to earn extra money, here recently I listed a Dolce and Gabbana handbag and sold the item to an individual in IL, this person paid for the purse shortly after winning the auction.
The next day I sent an email to the person to let them know the item had been shipped and I was tracking it, she then files a dispute with Paypal, saying she had not received the item.
PayPal freezes the funds in my account for the purchase ($108.00), this was on 5/19/08. I sent an email to PayPal to let them know the item had been shipped and was in route to the customer. I have not heard back from them, I have since sent two additional emails and the only thing I have gotten from PayPal is a note saying we are still trying to determine if the customer received the item. By my tracking with shipping service she received it on 5/21/08. This is currently 6/2/08 and they can not seem to find the answer.
I have been ripped off by the customer and PayPal, she has my expensive handbag and they have my money.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB, to see if that will do any good. I think if I do not here anything within the next 2 1/2 weeks, I will have to file suit against the customer and PayPal.
How are they allowed to get away with this? Is anyone else having the same problems with them? What can be done?
PayPal claims to provide seller protection, however that is not the case at all. They could care less, they do as they please and get in no hurry to resolve a simple case.
Beware of PayPal, if you don't want to be ripped off, Stay Away from Them!

Denise
Campbellsville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2008 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal/California/PayPal-Holding-funds-after-customer-receives-item-San-Jose-California-336546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal

Ebay/PayPal Holding Funds

AUTHOR: RICHMONDKY - (United States of America)

Folks/People; Would you all - those who read this, and who have posted - PLEASE take a few minutes of your time to write a real-paper-letter to Ebay AND PayPal, asking that they revise their "policy" to at least allow shipping of an item sold on Ebay via PayPal.

I don't like the idea of them 'holding' my money either, but being an honest person, I would be 'somewhat' less irritated if they would at least allow me to go in there and print a label and ship an item without having to go stand in line at a post office for 30 minutes to 2-hours.

That's how long it takes to get to a window at my local post office, and I just do NOT have that kind of time on my hands. That was the whole purpose of using Ebay AND PayPal - Convenience! The way they are doing business now is NOT convenient at all.

And did anyone else notice that they remove their "fees" from the "held" amount? That's not even remotely 'fair'. And yes, I realize that they concocted that scheme in order to make money off of 'our' monies which are being 'held'. No, this is not the least bit 'fair', however, they are not regulated by the government, but I think it is time to change that, don't you?

If enough of us were to write our congressmen, maybe - just MAYBE, there will be at least ONE who will raise enough of a 'stink' to cause them to conduct business in a less "n**i-like" manner. That is, IF there is at least one Congressman or Senator that Ebay/PayPal cannot buy-off. But I don't know about that either. Because as we all know - money definitely talks...

#2 Consumer Suggestion

eBay sits on the board of the BBB

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

eBay serves on the Advisory Committee of the Better Business Bureau and I've heard they also sit on the Board of Directors.

Just go to the following link and you'll see it for yourself:

bbbonline dot org/about/boardDir.asp

These people think we are stupid. It's my opinion that the BBB is nothing; but a ridiculous organization that has no integrity. No one should believe anything that comes out of the BBB. It's absolutely outrageous that a company that is suppose to report on the conduct of companies has made many of these companies part of its board of directors and advisory committee. This is the clearest form of a conflict of interest and calls for everyone to not trust any reports coming out of the Better Business Bureau.