Complaint Review: PayPal

• Submitted: Fri, October 20, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, October 20, 2000

• Reported By:
PayPal
PO Box 50185 Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

PayPal completely unfair

www.paypal.com made recent "policy changes" that were completely unfair. The company was offering registered users a $5 bonus for referrals. I had three (3) referrals sign up for the service, but was only paid for one

(1). I have been told that their "policy" changed on 10/09/00, and only "premier" or "business" accounts will now receive the bonus. The problem? They did not send out a communication announcing the policy change until 10/11/00 (two days AFTER the new policy went into effect). To make matters worse, the two

(2) referrals I was NOT paid for both signed up on 10/06/00 (BEFORE the policy change), but because of the NORMAL time it takes to verify accounts, their accounts were not considered "verified" until 10/10/00 (ONE DAY AFTER the policy change).

This is the reason they are claiming I am not entitled to the referral bonuses I was PROMISED. Sounds just a little "too convenient," doesn't it?

I have sent SEVERAL letters to service@paypal.com , but all I receive are responses referring to the policy change. Don't you think a reasonable consumer is entitled to expect ADVANCE NOTICE of "policy changes?" I DO!

I still think I am ENTITLED to the two (2) $5 referral bonuses I did NOT receive! How about you?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal/Palo-Alto-California-94303/PayPal-completely-unfair-1034697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal