Complaint Review: PayPal

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
PayPal
https://paypal.com Staten Island, New York U.S.A.

PayPal, PayPal And EBay Company, EBay. Fraud, Theft, Wronful Refund, Selle Protection Fraud. Staten Island New York

*Consumer Suggestion: get his info

I Sold a bunch of surplus computer supplies on eBay, and I only ship to a confirmed address. PayPal stated that the address was confirmed, and user verified, and I was eligible for Seller Protection. Well I shipped the item w/ Signature Confirmation and buyer claimed he never got it. PayPal found in favor of the buyer as they do 99.9% of the time (even though I had proof of delivery). The buyer then took the money he made in this scam and closed hi eBay and PayPal accounts, as well as his e-mail account. PayPal told me that since his account is close I'm no longer eligible for Seller Protection, and need to contact the buyer to receive my money. This is ridiculous that PayPal cannot find any way to guarantee me my money. This event sets me bacy almsot $150 dollars that I had to take out of my profits and give to the owner of these items as this was a consignment sale.

Taync, Incorporated
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal/Staten-Island-New-York-10314/PayPal-PayPal-And-EBay-Company-EBay-Fraud-Theft-Wronful-Refund-Selle-Protection-Frau-400529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal

#1 Consumer Suggestion

get his info

AUTHOR: Darkbalmunk - (U.S.A.)

i dealt with a simular situations i had to take the person to court to get money back luckly i was able to get his address and phone number, i think called up his states court system to get him into court to appeal towards my claim i had to have proof of the business through my emails with him, proof that i shipped the item and that he was the buyer.