Complaint Review: PayPal

• Reported By: Elisa F. — Austin Texas
PayPal
Internet USA

PayPal PayPal vs Bank Account Debit Card Access Internet

I'v used PayPal in the past and had no issues with payments from Ebay buyers.  Recently I started selling on Ebay and opened a new PayPal account and transferred money from my bank account .

I sold my very first Buy-It-Now item the following day after going online, Paypal held the funds received.  When I attept to print the shipping label from within Ebay, PayPal paid for the transactin.  When the label didn't print I cancelled it and contacted Ebay.  I couldn't reprint the label because I had cancelled it.

To my dismay, Ebay indicated I had to waite 21 days for the US Post Office to send me a refund.  I asked why do I have to wait 21 days, when its your site that caused the label to not print in the first place.

At the same time Ebay charged me for the label, according to PayPal the transferred funds hadn't posted to my accoung, yet they still allowed the transaction to go through which my account was now negative. I explained to them the label did not print to issue a refund. They stated I had to go through Ebay for a refund.

I became so upset with Ebay and PayPal that I decided to issue the buyer a refund and close my PayPal account because i didn't like how they were handeling my money.  First of all holding money for 21 days for an Ebay sale, even the shipping cost the buyer paid up front.  They hold your money hostage, that's what they do now.

When I attempt to close out my PayPal account it wouldn't allow me to because of the pending transfer.

A couple days later I notice PayPal attempted to debit my bank account (Pending Status) for the cost of the shipping label.  I immediately notified my back to open a complaint.  My bank posted the money bank into my account and open a complaint with PayPal that I did not authorize them to with drawl money from my account.

I notified PayPal once again and advised them that I filed a complaint with my bank due to the fact that money was transfered from my accout to cover any transaction(s) I conducted using PayPal and that they were holding this transfer hostage for unknown reasons.  The rep told me that it takes up to 7 business days to post.

My bank advised to close out that bank account and open a new one, which I did and also closed out the debit cause because PayPal had access to both of them.

The next day (within 2 days of transfer) the money had posted to my PayPal account after the CSR lied and told me it took 7 business days to post.  I guess they didn't want to have to deal with another complaint about customers money.

The issue was finally resolved and PayPal account closed.  I didn't care if they wouldn't allow me to close out my account, they no longer had access to any of my money anymore.

For those out there who have this sort of issue in the future.  Notify your bank immediately, open a complaint and let them investigate.  Close out any bank/debit card account associate with the transaction and open a new accout to assure the safety of your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPal/internet/PayPal-PayPal-vs-Bank-Account-Debit-Card-Access-Internet-1168067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPal