Complaint Review: PayPower Prepaid Visa Card

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: KJ — Orlando Florida United States of America
PayPower Prepaid Visa Card
5918 Stoneridge Mall Rd. Pleasanton, California United States of America

PayPower Prepaid Visa Card Blackhawk Network Inc. Rec'd. 3 Visa cards for tax refund; all with no $$$!!! When contacted gave excuse after excuse. Said the ref# they gave was invalid so they gave another ref. # that one also invalid. Pleasanton, California

*Author of original report: Paypower Pre-paid Visa

On 1/17/13, I filed the free E-file with ezTaxReturn.com.  On 1/24/13 I rec'd an email stating "Your tax return was accepted by IRS 1/23/13 AT 11:39 EST.  With confirmation#, as well as bank account # and Routing #.  Then on 2/2/2013 I rec'd email stating" Congratulations! Your personalized PayPower Card has shipped and you should receive it in the next week.  On Sat. 2/2/13, three (3 )PayPower Prepaid cards arrived.  Only 1 had the correct card #, but none of them had any money on them.  When I called Paypower they said that a "block" was put on the card because an incorrect phone # was entered and they would have to contact Corporate to remove the block .  They said someone would call in two business days to rectify the error.  I should have received that call yesterday,  Tuesday 2/5.  When I didn't receive a call even today Wednesday, 2/6 by 3pm, I called back and was told that I should receive a call by Friday, 2/8 no later than Monday, 2/11.  This is totally unacceptable.  I have used TurboTax for 4 years without a problem, but this year they didn't have a debit card available.  I am a single mother with 4 children.  I need this money desperately.  Please, please help me.  Thank you in advance for any all help you can provide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower-Prepaid-Visa-Card/Pleasanton-California-94588/PayPower-Prepaid-Visa-Card-Blackhawk-Network-Inc-Recd-3-Visa-cards-for-tax-refund-all-1010108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower Prepaid Visa Card

Paypower Pre-paid Visa

AUTHOR: Kj3535@yahoo.com - (United States of America)

After submitting the original report, I received a call stating that I should fax over a copy of my driver's license, as well as my original social security card.  I totally refused stating that I would never fax over such information. In fact, I was advised by IRS that it is not normal business procedure.  I further requested ezPay.com to discontinue my e-file and I would go back to TurboTax where I never was asked to submit my personal information to prove who I am over to someone I have no idea who and where they are.  They replied that if I did that my IRS check would be returned.  I stated that since IRS is still in process of examining my tax, they would never get a check  in the first place and because of all this trouble and the current postings on RipOff, I doubt if they will ever get another income tax job.  Again, they said that someone would contact me within 2 bus. days to make sure I didn't want to proceed with them.