Complaint Review: PayPower Visa

• Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Frrm12 — Atlanta Georgia
PayPower Visa
, Select State/Province USA

PayPower Visa Pay Power Visa Prepaid Card Holding Income Tax for 3 months!! Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Pay Power has TAKEN my money and cannot be reached

*Author of original report: Customer Service??

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry for the trouble

We elected to have our 2012 income tax deposited on a Paypower Visa through TaxAct this year. What a mistake!!! We filed laburnout got a DD date of June 22. By this time we mls already received and activated the Paypower Visa card.

A week past the DD date came and went and still no sign of our money. We called the IRS and they said it had been successfully deposiinto onto the card issued by Paypower. Well, upon calling Paypower and using our social security number to find our account, they figure out that they deposited our money onto someine else's card!

No big deal, as long as they transfer the money onto our card. 5 days they say. By now it's July 10th or so. A week later call again...now they say it cannot be transferred and they need to overnight ship us a new card. 2 days later, behold! Our card  with our money on it!

Or so we thought. They shipped us someone else's card with our money on it. Name, birthdate, social...everything different. Sooooo fed up and at the point of suicide with these people, I demand that they cancel all these bogus cards and mail me a check. Maybe July 20th or so at this point.

We have been calling them since then, speaking to reps and managers and different departments. They always say someone will call us back or need more verification info. They have our ID's, copy of socials and bank statements but there is always an excuse, a run around, or someone that will call us back.

Here it is September 10th, we spoke to them today and they need our ID's faxed, socials and bank statements faxed again. Still have not received our money that they have been holding since June! I am at wits end and absolutely fed up with this company. There is some kind of scam going on here and I do not recommend this company!

Save yourself the trouble!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower-Visa/Select-StateProvince/PayPower-Visa-Pay-Power-Visa-Prepaid-Card-Holding-Income-Tax-for-3-months-Georgia-1083301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower Visa

Pay Power has TAKEN my money and cannot be reached

AUTHOR: Bq113 - ()

I just got my refund yesterday and it was quite a bit of money over a thousand. AFter spending $90 dollars my card began declining at stores and could not be read at ATMs. When I go to their website they say that my account has been locked however when you attempt to call their alloted number YOU ARE HUNG UP ON THERE ARE NO ONE ANSWERING THE PHONES. I have been both calling and emailing this company for two days aand I have not spoken to ONE person. I will do whatever it takes to get my money. DO not do this to yourself!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Service??

AUTHOR: Frrm12 - ()

We have contacted through email and phone over 20 times!!!! We literally have 20 ITR numbers!!!! We will continue to file reports and notify others of this company's scandals until we receive our money that PayPower Visa has been holding since June 2013 and it is now September 2013!!! If the company wasn't located in another state, we would have already been in there with police. I hope this company gets shut down.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sorry for the trouble

AUTHOR: Paypower Customer Support - ()

Hi,

We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing.  Please contact us at customer-support@paypower.com so we can help you resolve this issue.

PayPower Social Team