Complaint Review: PayPower prepaid Visa

• Updated: Fri, February 11, 2011

• Reported By: AmyH — Pequea Pennsylvania United States of America
PayPower prepaid Visa
Pleasanton, California United States of America

PayPower prepaid Visa PayPower is holding my money hostage!! Pleasanton, California

*Author of original report: ISSUE RESOLVED

*Author of original report: More confused after the phone call

*Author of original report: Update- email from PayPower received

*UPDATE Employee: Our apologies

I purchased  Paypower prepaid Visa and initially put $100.00 on it, I went home and tried to activate it in my husbands name and they could not verify his identification. I faxed over 2 forms of ID and 2 bills in his name to Paypower on Saturday night. Tried to use the card and it didnt work.

I called Paypower again, they would not speak to me, said they needed to speak with my husband, I had him call, while he was very busy at work,  and after 30 minutes of being on hold to speak with a supervisor he was told to fax ID info again, we did. I called again on Tuesday and card is still not activated, ID is still not verified and I am unable to use the money. I was on the phone waiting 20 minutes to speak with a supervisor only to be told to try and fax it again. SO I just keep faxing this info, from 2 different fax machines, and my card is still not working.

I then inquired about a refund because I am just so frustrated with this scam, and was told a refund would take 3-4 weeks, I cannot wait this long, this money was to be used to pay a bill which is now overdue

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower-prepaid-Visa/Pleasanton-California-/PayPower-prepaid-Visa-PayPower-is-holding-my-money-hostage-Pleasanton-California-692472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower prepaid Visa

ISSUE RESOLVED

AUTHOR: AmyH - (United States of America)

Received another phone call from Chad today, said they did a manual ID verification on me and card could be fully activated now, and I still have the entire $100.00 on the card.

I must say that they do respond to most complaints I see on ripoffreport.com and once I posted here they kept in contact with me, were polite and the issue was resolved eventually. Thanks!

More confused after the phone call

AUTHOR: AmyH - (United States of America)

I just received a phone call from Chad at Black Hawk stating that I must have accidently ordered a second card in my name  and now need to verify my identification as well. No, I did not order a second card, after 3 days of you not being able to verify my husbands identification and activate my card I tried to register it in my name. So we are both unverifiable and let me guess you will not receive my fax either, I quit .

Update- email from PayPower received

Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 6:25 PM

Dear PayPower Cardholder,

Welcome to the PayPower Visa Card program! Your personalized PayPower card should arrive in the mail within 7-10 business days. Be sure to activate the card when you receive it.

PayPower puts you in control by giving you the freedom to do more with your money. So get ready to use all the great benefits of your PayPower card account.

--I received this email after sending them my card info and 2 forms of ID and 2 bills with name and address on them. I assume if they are sending me a personalized card that my ID is finally verified but I'm not sure. I will use the money on the card as quick as possible and cut this card in two and throw it away. Had to go through way too much for a prepaid card, I just wanted to pay a bill quickly and now have accrued late fees on my bill, the activation fee from PayPower card, the 4 hours of my time and enough frustration to last me all week. I will keep you posted on whether my personalized card arrives and how much of my $100.00 is still actually on the card.

Our apologies

AUTHOR: Blackhawk Network - (USA)

Hi Amy,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Please send your contact information along with your card information to pr@blackhawk-net.com so that we may assist you.

Public Relations for PayPower