Complaint Review: PayPower

• Submitted: Thu, April 07, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2011

• Reported By: 22jean — Walla Walla Washington United States of America
PayPower

PayPower Blackhawk and the card is sold by Safeway Stranded my son 3000 miles away and then wouldn't answer their phones Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Our apologies

I went to my local Safeway, which I trust, and purchased a PayPower Visa Travel Card for my son.  He was traveling to DC and I was told by the tour director that a card was safer than cash.

After I bought the card I registered it on line.

Today my son called me and said that he tried the card and is unable to withdraw any cash.  I asked how much he had spent - he said "nothing"

SO I try to call the company "live agents" at 1:00 in the afternoon.  There is NO WAY to talk to a live agent.  There is no way to get any help.

This is a shady company.   I called their parent company Blackhawk Networks.  Haven't received a call back yet.   I called the Safeway manager - he said they don't answer his calls either (which leads me to believe this is not the first time this has happened.)

DON'T BUY THIS CARD.   So mad.  I usually check reviews on line but the display was so big and part of the Safeway gift mall - I never assumed Safeway would sell such a horrible product.

Really frustrating and scary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2011 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower/internet/PayPower-Blackhawk-and-the-card-is-sold-by-Safeway-Stranded-my-son-3000-miles-away-and-the-715142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower

Our apologies

AUTHOR: Blackhawk Network - (USA)

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would like to help get your issue resolved. Please send your card and contact information to pr@blackhawk-net.com so that we may asssist you.

PR for PayPower