Complaint Review: PayPower

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: Pam — Brookville Pennsylvania United States of America
PayPower

PayPower They wanted me to fax my driver's license instead of taking the info via phone,because they refused my P.O.box address when I registered online, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: PayPower Visa

I attempted to register my Paypower reloadable card online and I gave them my P.O.box instead of my  physical street address. The website stated that they could not process my card and that someone would call me in 24 hrs. When I received no callback in the time stated,I again attempted to re-register the card online and was unsuccessful. I then placed a call to customer service listed on the back of the card. The representative informed me that they did not accept P.O. boxes and said that I needed to fax them a copy of my drivers license before they would register the card.

She told me that I could use it at retail stores without needing to give an address,but for online purchases,they would need a street address. I had purchased and loaded the card with 100.00 to use it specifically for online purchases. I attempted to give her my street address over the phone,but she refused to take it and again insisted that I fax my driver's license to them. At that time,I instructed her that I wished not to use the card and that I would like my money refunded.

Again she tried to get me to fax my driver's license to them and I insisted on a refund,at which time she asked me for my address to send the 100.00 refund. She was able to take my address for the refund over the phone but could not take it over the phone for registration of the card. She cautioned me that it would take 20 days to receive the refund and that there was a 5.00 charge for the refund transaction. She stated that someone would be calling me to verify the refund request,and i am awaiting the call and the refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PayPower/internet/PayPower-They-wanted-me-to-fax-my-drivers-license-instead-of-taking-the-info-via-phoneb-980698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PayPower

PayPower Visa

AUTHOR: PayPower - (United States of America)

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please email your card and contact information to cs@blackhawk-net.com so we may assist you.