Complaint Review: Payless Car Rental Pittsburgh Airport

• Submitted: Tue, December 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 14, 2010

• Reported By: Chuck — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Payless Car Rental Pittsburgh Airport
164 rental car drive Pittsburgh, PA 15231 altoona, Pennsylvania United States of America

Payless Car Rental Pittsburgh Airport General American Rental, Payless Car Rental Bait and Switch! altoona, Pennsylvania

Rented a car for three weeks and called during the 2nd week to extend it one extra week only to have all hell break loose because the young girl to whom I spoke screwed up the extension.  Ended up having the car an extra 8 days for which they want to charge me over $1,000 instead of my contract rate of $122/week.  Additionally, I received a call 3 days after I returned the car that they were going to report it STOLEN to the PA state police as I hadn't made any attempt to pay their absurd bait and switch fees, even though I dropped it off in the second spot of the rental return area right in front of the kiosk!!

Fortunately there is undoubtedly extensive surveillance so I don't have to worry about being able to prove the time, date and condition of the return -- but after acknowledging that car may have been returned the manager (who operates out of a hardware store in Altoona, PA) notified me they'd be filing suit in Altoona and I'd have to drive 100 miles to defend it...I see now in the fine print that is on the contract.

These people are at least incompetent and devious...not sure whether or not threatening to file false criminal charges makes them crooks as well.  Regardless, I suggest if you go to the travelocity website and they come up as the lowest cost option you select someone else!

PS - after filling out the form onine to file a complaint I was notified they'd be sending it to the manager at the location to handle -- the same person whose behavior I was reporting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2010 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rental-Pittsburgh-Airport/altoona-Pennsylvania-/Payless-Car-Rental-Pittsburgh-Airport-General-American-Rental-Payless-Car-Rental-Bait-and-671427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rental Pittsburgh Airport