Complaint Review: Payless Car Rental

• Updated: Tue, November 08, 2011

• Reported By: tamitrek — Eudora Kansas United States of America
Payless Car Rental
457Ave. Michel Jasmin Dorval, Quebec United States of America

Payless Car Rental Arti Sood Stealers, Fraudulent, Scammer, Uncooperative Dorval, Quebec

I traveled to Montreal, Canada on October 20, 2011.  I needed to rent a car for the 5 days I was going to be there.   I made my reservations thru the internet.   The car Rental place is located  very far away from the airport and had to stand out in the rain and cold for 45 minutes before their driver arrived to pick up.

I signed the agreement paperwork, all went smoothly until I tried to return the car when I was ready to leave.  The agent behind the counter told me to return it to them at their address or at the airport.  My flight left at 6AM to return to the USA.  I had to check in 2 hours prior to flight time.  knowing how long it took them to pick me up and that was at 5PM, I decided to leave the car at the airport.  The agent told me that it would cost me $15.00 to leave it at the car rental place and then they would pick it up later in the day.

I arrived at the airport, drove around the 'Return Car Rental' area x 45 minutes.  I could not find the place that charged the $15.00.  I even have a ticket that states my time in the airport car rental area.  I finally had to do something.  I left the car at the last stall which was called 'Thrifty'.  I locked the car.  I placed my key inside the confirmation paper from Payless, which had their address and phone number on it.  I wrapped the paper around the key.  I opened the secured drop off drawer and placed the  paper inside.  I closed the drawer.  After I had checked into the airport, I went to an agent and she called the number for me.  I left them a message describing my situation and where the car was located.  When I got home that evening, I sent them an email with the same story so they would be able to contact me.

I never heard from them.  About 3 days later, I got a phone call from a man.  He said the car could not be located and wanted more information.  I gave him the information I had left.

On Nov. 4, 2011, I went to my bank and discovered that Payless had removed $999.99 out of my account.  I have tried to email them, call them and no answer.

Arti Sood sent me an email telling me that she would be out of the country until Nov. 17, but they had the right to take that money out of my account per the agreement I had signed.  Upon review of the agreement, I do NOT see anywhere that amount of money stated.  My original agreement was to be about $190.00.

Do not use this company.  They rip you off because they can.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2011 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rental/Dorval-Quebec-H9P-1E9/Payless-Car-Rental-Arti-Sood-Stealers-Fraudulent-Scammer-Uncooperative-Dorval-Quebec-796233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rental