Complaint Review: Payless Car Rental

• Submitted: Fri, April 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: I don''t like to be ripped off! — Henderson Nevada United States of America
Payless Car Rental
1002 w Juniper Street San Diego, California United States of America

Payless Car Rental Beware! You will de billed for options verbally declined. San Diego, California

Buyer beware!  Rental car companies make a lot of their money from selling upgrades and options coverages.  There is nothing wrong with that.  What is wrong is them "slipping in" extra coverages that you verbally declined [or making a mistake they won't admit to] as happened to  me.  I've rented many cars.  I always take the sub-compacts and decline all extra options as I did in San Diego with Payless Car Rental last week.  The contract was printed by Jonathan who was at the counter asking the questions and filling out the form.  He laid the contract down an drew a number [10?] of

small circles for initials and 1 large circle for a signature. [as all car rental companies do].  I am convinced that Jonathan intentionally overcharged me by adding in the Collision Damage Waiver [I never take this] thinking that I'd miss it [which I did] and that I wouldn't notice it when I brought the car back [I did].   I was upset because I felt I was Ripped Off!  The manager there was Mark Knight and the Person who checked me in was Erika.  They were professional in hearing my complaints [as was Jonathan-although he hung up the phone on me as our conservation was going in circles] because they knew they HAD ME!  I didn't catch the over charge before the car was driven off the lot.  My hope that their future customers think twice about using them and that future consumers take their time when signing anything.  Caveat Emptor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rental/San-Diego-California-92101/Payless-Car-Rental-Beware-You-will-de-billed-for-options-verbally-declined-San-Diego-C-874957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rental