Complaint Review: Payless Car Rental

• Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: rjs94539 — Fremont California
Payless Car Rental
1659 Airport Blvd, Suite 12 Internet United States of America

Payless Car Rental Payless Car Rental Refused To Rent Car Because I Had No "Paper" Utility Monthly Bill Internet

I MADE RESERVATIONS VIA THE INTERNET TO PICK UP MY RENTAL CAR AT 9:00 PM, SUNDAY, 17 MARCH AT SJC (SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTp

I HAVE RENTED FROM PAYLESS CAR RENTAL NUMEROUS TIMES OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS AT THE SAME LOCATION.

MYSELF AND MY DAUGHTER ARRIVED AT THE AIRPORT AT APPROXIMATELY 8:55 PM TO PICK UP THE RENTAL CAR.

AT THE COUNTER, I PRESENTED MY CA DRIVERS LICENSE AND AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD, AND MY DAUGHTER (AGE 33) PRESENTED HER CA DRIVERS LICENSE. SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY MAJOR CREDIT CARDS.

THE FEMALE REP. ON DUTY HAS WAITED ON US SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS, WITH THE LAST TIME BEING IN MID-JANUARY.

MY CA DRIVERS LICENSE HAS MY PO BOX AS MY ADDRESS AND NOT MY PHYSICAL ADDRES, AND MY WHO LIVES WITH ME AND MY WIFE HAS OUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS SHOWN ON HER DRIVERS LICENSE.

CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. ASKED ME TO CONFIRM MY PHYSICAL ADDRESS AND CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER WHERE I CAN BE REACHED, WHICH I DID SINCE BOTH PIECES OF INFORMATION WAS ALREADY IN THEIR SYSTEM.

CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. ASKED MY DAUGHTER FOR A CONTACT NUMBER WHERE SHE COULD BE REACHED. AND SHE GAVE HER CELLPHONE NUMBER.

THEN OUT OF NOWHERE, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. ASKED ME AND MY DAUGHTER IF WE HAD READ THE POLICY REGARDING "LOCAL AREA" RENTERS.  MY ANSWER WAS NO, OTHER THAN WAS IS WRITTEN ON THE INTERNET.

CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. EXPLAINED THAT SINCE I WAS THE PRIMARY RENTER, I NEEDED A "PAPER" COPY OF A MONTHLY UTILITY BILL THAT SHOWED "PROOF" THAT I LIVED AT THE PHYSICAL ADDRESS IN FREMONT, CA THEY HAD ON FILE.

I EXPLAINED THAT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY "PAPER" COPIES OF ANY OF MY UTILITY BILLS BECAUSE ALL OF MY MONTHLY BILLS ARE PAID AUTOMATICALLY/ELECTRONICALLY THROUGH WELLS FARGO, THEREFORE, I RECEIVE NO MONTHLY "PAPER' STATEMENTS IN THE MAIL PER SE AT MY PO BOX OR AT MY RESIDENCE FOR ANY OF MY MONTHLY BILLS.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. WAS FIRM BUT POLITE IN REFUSING TO RENT ME THE CAR, ALTHOUGH I HAD/HAVE RENTED NUMEROUS TIMES WITHOUT HAVING TO SHOW A MONTHLY "PAPER" BILL.

HER (BAD, POOR) ADVICE TO ME WAS THAT SHE WOULD "HOLD" THE RESERVATION UNTIL I WENT BACK HOME AND GOT SOME TYPE OF UTILITY BILL AND CAME BACK.

OBVIOUSLY SHE DIDN'T HEAR OR UNDERSTAND ONE WORD ABOUT WHAT I HAD JUST EXPLAINED TO HER.  I DON'T RECEIVE MONTHLY PAPER STATEMENTS IN THE MAIL.

THE ONLY THING THAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THIS MATTER WAS THAT PAYLESS CAR RENTAL SUCCEEDED IN LOSING A 1 WEEK $158.00 CAR RENTAL OVER A SINGLE PIECE OF WORTHLESS PAPER.

AS A RESULT, PAYLESS CAR RENTAL RENTAL HAS LOST A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE. BEYOND STUPID!

I WAS TOLD BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. THAT OUT OF STATE CUSTOMERS NEED NOT SHOW A COPY OF THEIR UTILITY BILL.  OUT OF STATE CUSTOMERS DO HAVE MONTHLY PAPER BILLING STATEMENTS.  HOW DOES PAYLESS CAR RENTAL JUSTIFY THAT?

THERE ARE TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALL ACROSS AMERICA WHO CHOOSE NOT TO RECEIVE MONTHLY PAPER BILLING STATEMENTS FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY REASONS.

TO DENY SERVICE TO LONG TIME CUSTOMERS LIKE MYSELF WHO HAVE CHOSEN THAT OPTION TO HAVE THEIR BILLS PAID AUTOMATICALLY/ELECTRONICALLY IN LIEU OF PAPER, IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE AND ONLY RESULTS IN A DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS AND A LOSE OF REVENUE FOR THE CORPORATION.

THIS IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHY I MAKE MULTIPLE RESERVATIONS  BECAUSE IF ONE RENTAL AGENCY FAILS TO PEFORM, I ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP.

ME AND MY DAUGHTER WENT SEVERAL COUNTERS DOWN TO ANOTHER CAR RENTAL, AND RENTED THE SAME CLASS OF CAR FOR $11.00 LESS PER DAY.

OUR GAIN, THEIR LOSE FOR LIFE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 12:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-Rental/internet/Payless-Car-Rental-Payless-Car-Rental-Refused-To-Rent-Car-Because-I-Had-No-Paper-Utilit-1035616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car Rental