Complaint Review: Payless Car rental

• Reported By: Jdoc — Seattle Washington United States of America
Payless Car rental
Phoenix Airport Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Payless Car rental High pressure Sale with false claims Phoenix, Arizona

Booked a compact car online with Expedia.  All good until I went to get to get thecar after my flight arrived in Phoenix.  Agent was rude.  Claimed there was a new Arizona law requiring proof of insurance ( I've never had that request nor claim before at the Phoenix airport car rental agencies).  When I showed my expired insurance card agent reluctantly accepted the card.  Then he put a high pressure sales to get their agency gas fill-up plan.  I told him I always top off the tank before I return it.  He insisted I take the agency plan.  I said no.  He then said, "then produce a current insurance card."  I bid the agent a hearty good by and went to Enterprise where the agent said there is no such law and was given an upgrade for the same rate with no request for a current proof of insurance card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payless-Car-rental/Phoenix-Arizona-/Payless-Car-rental-High-pressure-Sale-with-false-claims-Phoenix-Arizona-1009582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payless Car rental