Complaint Review: Payment Systems

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Gene — Twin Falls Idaho
Payment Systems
5901 Priestly Dr. STE.303 Carlsbad, California United States of America

Payment Systems Jeanne Tomassi Jeanne Tomassi with Payment Systems, Corp is a RIP OFF. Don't sign with this company!! Carlsbad, California

*Consumer Comment: I wonder if this is another processing company making these reports

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Stop Using Rip Off Report for lies

In September of 2012, Payment Systems representative, Jeanne Tomassi, contacted us to sign up our business for credit card processing. Jeanne told us we would be in a month to month contract with no penalty fee if we decided to leave because we did not want a long term contract. Jeanne also advised and showed us on the contract there would be no annual fee. After two-three months we noticed a $79.00 annual fee added on. When we called about that, they advised they decided to reinstate it.

Jeanne NEVER explained the leasing agreement with Global Leasing Company that we were paying over $100.00/month for 48 months for a $200.00 machine. Out of the blue we started getting statements from Global Leasing on our machines. We were not aware we were leasing any type of equipment. We NEVER saw that contract because she filled out all the paperwork and hid the Non-Cancelable title of that particular page when we signed it. If we would have observed that page, we never would have signed on. Jeanne was VERY VERY sneaky.

We feel Jeanne and Global Leasing/Payment Systems out and out lied to us about their fees and their service to get us to sign on with them. To date, they are adding other miscellaneous fees monthly. When we call them about these fees they advise it is legal to add on the fees as long as they warn us 30 days in advance .

We have been trying to contact Jeanne and her phone number has been disconnected. We haven't had contact with Jeanne in over four months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Payment-Systems/Carlsbad-California-92008/Payment-Systems-Jeanne-Tomassi-Jeanne-Tomassi-with-Payment-Systems-Corp-is-a-RIP-OFF-Don-1042458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Payment Systems

I wonder if this is another processing company making these reports

AUTHOR: David - ()

I've heard the processing industry is both lucrative and shady, and Payment Systems has been growing really fast so is it possible that competitors who charge higher rates and don't have all the mobile/EMV/registration/direct relationships they do are just trying to scare customers from taking meetings? I can't imagine a business owner wouldn't look at the dollars and cents of the agreements, it's all there and it's too easy to contact this company and their reps after this many years for fraud to go on very long.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Stop Using Rip Off Report for lies

AUTHOR: Jeanne - ()

This rip off report with my name on it came to my attention by another merchant just recently.  I would have never thought in a million years I would have to keep an eye on the internet regarding a bad review such as this.  It is absurd.  I have had the same number for 7 years and anyone could reach me if the number were different by going through the company.  There is absolutely no way that I would hide just the top part of a document.  However, let's just say this was a fact.  Stupid but why would they continue to sign any documents.  Additionally, all merchants are provided a copy of what they signed when I did in fact work out in the field.  Then the company completes a welcome call with the merchant while the rep is still present.  After that, there is another call from processing to install the equipment.  Then another call to insure the merchant understands the terms of the lease.  Then, then, then, etc.  Calls at one stage or another are recorded.  This complaint speaks for itself.  I have since left Payment Systems but I did not leave because of a bad reputation, dishonesty, disloyality and/or anything else along these lines.  I would love to see nice things on the internet once in awhile.  Being able to use Ripoff Report and plastering someone's name all over the internet is not only bad for the company, but can really hurt someone's reputation.  I just ask that everyone think before they decide to go this route.  Thank you