Complaint Review: Paypower - Metabank of Pleasantville CA

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Arlene sand — Cedar Rapis Iowa U.S.A.
Paypower - Metabank of Pleasantville CA
Pleasantville, California United States of America

Paypower - Metabank of Pleasantville CA refuses to refund money after they cancelled my card Pleasantville , California

I received three "gift cards" at Christmas.  It did not say anything about the fees, etc.on the packaging the card came in and the purchaser had already paid $3.50 activation fee. When I opened them, I found that I had already been charged half the amount of the cards in service fees.  Charges were reversed after many phone cards.

The real problem arose when I was told that I could not register the third card until I canceled one of the cards. I told them which card to cancel.  The next day, I couldn't get into my account.

After several calls again, I was told that all the cards had been cancelled and that the card that I had remaining could not be reinstated.  They refused to send me a check for the balance of the cancelled card, but said I could buy another card and then transfer the dollars from the cancelled card to the new card(for a fee, of course).

Iowa has laws against useary  Does this mistreatment not count?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paypower-Metabank-of-Pleasantville-CA/Pleasantville-California-/Paypower-Metabank-of-Pleasantville-CA-refuses-to-refund-money-after-they-cancelled-my-c-1002675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paypower - Metabank of Pleasantville CA