Complaint Review: Pccare247

• Updated: Wed, May 23, 2012

• Reported By: Bill — Palatka Florida United States of America
Pccare247
unknown Internet United States of America

Pccare247 Unethical dealings to an elderly person, usuing Scare tactics internet, Internet

I am an elderly man with just enough computer knowledge to get by. I had a question about my McAfee security. I  thought I got the correct McAfee phone number from the Mcafee web site.Some one identifying himself as Sandar Chouhar ,said he would have to take control of my computer to solve my problem . Thinking I was talking to a Mcafee technition I Made the Mistake of allowing him to do so, he examined the contents of my computer and said some one had hacked into my banking account. and my computer was going to crash if I did not have it corrected immediately.

He said he could have some one from microsoft fix the problem. Now I am nervous. I asked the cost; answer $395.00. I can"t afford this,I told him. He said if I did not do this as soon as he ended our session I would lose every thing. I told him I could not. He said ok, and my icons disappeared and the screen went blank.

I shut my computer down, rebooted it,and when it booted up I had a picture of a dog dancing on the screen message HURR- DURR. Sandar called back wanting to know what was showing on my computer screen. I told him and hung up.

My Grandson showed me how to reset my computer back a few days and every thing came back to normal If this is not a scam it surely is unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pccare247/internet/Pccare247-Unethical-dealings-to-an-elderly-person-usuing-Scare-tactics-internet-Int-887205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pccare247