Complaint Review: Pch And Readers Digest

• Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:Oklahoma City Oklahoma
Pch And Readers Digest
pch.com Internet U.S.A.

Pch And Readers Digest Company using PCH and Readers Digest as a decoy name, sent me bogus check and letter claiming I had won $1,000,000.00 Canada Internet

I received a letter from a company or individual using the good name of Publishers Clearing House and Readers Digest, stating that I had won $1,000,000.00 in the Second Chance draw from Readers Digest. Along with the letter was a check in the amount of $5,890, stating that this would pay for any additional fees incurred during the processing of my winnings being disbursed. The check had the look of an authentic check, anyone would mistake it as being legimitate. Being of a curious nature, I went to the pch website, clicked on Consumer Alerts, and guess what I found! This was a scam, and could have been a very costly mistake had it not been for pch and their informative website! I tried contacting the person mentioned in the letter, that I was suspose to call, and after 5 attempts, I finally gave up. I SO wanted to tell him off, but never got the chance because he was "unavailable." Thank you pch for keeping the public up-to-date on the never-ending scams that are out there! God help us all!!

David
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 10:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pch-And-Readers-Digest/internet/Pch-And-Readers-Digest-Company-using-PCH-and-Readers-Digest-as-a-decoy-name-sent-me-bogus-409425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pch And Readers Digest