Complaint Review: PePBoys

• Submitted: Sun, April 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, April 06, 2008

• Reported By:STONE MOUNTAIN Georgia
PePBoys
4105 Buford Highway Chamblee, Georgia U.S.A.

PePBoys Brought 4 brand new tires and when one of the tires when bad they charged me $62.83 for a new tire and then tried to tell me I did not have the hazard warrenty any more because I used it for another one the tries that went bad and the total went up to $76. Chamblee Georgia

I had a flat on Saturday 3/22/08 on the Highway. I had brought PepBoys tires a while ago and was told that if anything happens to one of their tires, it would be replace without a charge. So I ended up taking it the Van to the nearest PepBoys. Okay, everything was going great until I told the person behind the desk, that I have PepBoys tires.

This is where all Hell broke out. The man behind the desk told me that they could not find any where where I had purchase the tires. That was the first mistake. I took the man out to my van and showed him my Van and ask him you tell me what kind of tires are these on my VAN. He said PepBoys. Alright we went back into the store and he tried to pull up the information and still could find anything.

I went out to my Van and pulled out past receipts and showed him that I did not pay for a new tired, all I paid for the labor, not for a brand new tire. Then he ask the so call management that was there with him and he tried to get nasty with me and said that we do not have your information and that's the way it is. It's not on our system and you will have to pay for a new tire.

I told him in a very loud voice "You have people buying your tires and you are ripping people off with your tires." Well after they charged me $62.83 for a brand new tired, only because I was not going to pay $76.00 for the tire, they tried to offer me a free oil change. I told them I did not want their free oil change, only because they may try to change me for the Oil, the labor, and charge me for anything they can think off. They tried to be smart with me and tell me to have a nice day and I told them I'll tell you just what to do with your nice day.

Victoria
STONE MOUNTAIN, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2008 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PePBoys/Chamblee-Georgia-30345/PePBoys-Brought-4-brand-new-tires-and-when-one-of-the-tires-when-bad-they-charged-me-628-324077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PePBoys