Complaint Review: PeaceforPawsOhio.org

• Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Lou Anne — Mansfield Ohio United States of America
PeaceforPawsOhio.org
5587 Bow Falls Blvd Dublin, Ohio United States of America

PeaceforPawsOhio.org Made life hell because I wanted to protect one of the puppies from early Neutering at nine weeks Dublin, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Suspicious story.

*General Comment: Rescue Policies

*Author of original report: Rebut -its all about numbers-monies

*Consumer Comment: Spay/Neuter puppies at nine weeks

To Animal Lovers Everywhere Avoid PeaceforPawsOhio.org like it was a bad night on a Carnival Cruise ship.  I fostered an eight week old puppy from this agency.  I trained him six to seven hours a day for five weeks.  When the puppy was
nine weeks old, the agency instructed me to have him neutered.  They sent me to veterinarians they designated
and the vets refused to do the procedure saying it was unsafe before five months.  I researched the issue and
talked it over with some local vets and persons online.  The consensus was that it was unsafe.  Even if you adopt from this group you never own the dog.  They can take you to court for reasons they deem appropriate (at your expense) for the life of your adopted pet.  On March 2, 2013 they came to my house to take the puppy and did not allow me to say goodbye or take the
expensive food and toys I had purchased for him.  I got into this to do a good thing.  PeaceforPawsOhio.org sure did not make me feel too PEACEFUL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeaceforPawsOhioorg/Dublin-Ohio-43016/PeaceforPawsOhioorg-Made-life-hell-because-I-wanted-to-protect-one-of-the-puppies-from-e-1023578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeaceforPawsOhio.org

Suspicious story.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

What do you mean that you were not allowed to say good-bye to this puppy? Are you alleging that personnel from this animal shelter entered your house without permission? If so, what is the police report number for this alleged crime?

#2 General Comment

Rescue Policies

AUTHOR: Jason Charles - (United States of America)

I've been fostering and working in shelters for years now and this is a standard practice across the US. I am also a veterinary technician and a certified dog trainer. You are "fostering" the dog meaning you have NO ownership to the animal. When you do adopt the dog yes you do need to sign a contract as I've signed for all of my rescues. When working in rescue you see dogs every day starved, abused, etc so yes a rescue is cautious on who they will adopt to and have contracts in place to hopefully prevent any harm happening to their dog in the future. Did you ever think that your previous foster dog wouldn't be alive if it weren't for them??  Most veterinarians do not do early spay and neuters not because they are dangerous it's just not something practiced at most general practice vet clinics. This is done at all shelters that do spay/neuters and there are spay/neuter clinics who perform these procedures daily with no issues. I have older dogs that have had early spay/neuters with NO issues. I know there are some risks but the percentage I believe is undiagnosed at this time. Also saying you've worked with the puppy for 7 hours a day on training is ridiculous as a puppies attention span at that age is limited to around 10-15 minutes max. Yes you can break that up during the day but I still doubt you had trained him for that long in a given day. I've trained over 100+ dogs from puppies to adults, fearful to aggressive so YES I know what I'm talking about. I've been a supporter of this group as well as multiple other rescues in the Columbus area. Instead of blasting them on the web maybe you should've talked to the spay/neuter clinics used in the area as well as other rescues and shelters to see what their opinions were.

Rebut -its all about numbers-monies

AUTHOR: Lou Anne Michel - (United States of America)

Think about it people-The Vets I went to -wont do neutering before 5 months.These non-profits-so to speak- are making the monies on the puppies-They just said it.>>>Does not make it right or ensure the saftey of these animals long term. I noted the vets who were against early neutering were not in the big buildings with the many other vets and modern living room waiting areas.They were the poorer-got to make it-mom and pop community help the animal places.The places doing early neutering have contracts with PeaceforPawsOhio.org-they get a constant stream of fresh little puppies. Check out Stan Rawlinson-Professional Trainers Association in from the UK. Google his work on early neutering and what they have found with the dogs that this was done to. I did nothing but help the puppy I got .He was aggressive-biting-flea bitten scared and antisocial- It took 5 days before I could hold him without him biting me. By the time he left he was the Best puppy anyone could want-How does PeaceforPawsOhio.org treat me-like I was scum-did not let me say good-bye to him-ran out of my house like they were afraid-Afraid???afraid of what??-that they may have to wait TWO months on their puppies to ensure its health?? Treat a person who fostered and trained with lack of sleep for 5 week worse then I have ever been treated by anyone who I was tryin to help..I am just wanting them To Think!! PeaceforPawsOhio.org wants the monies and wants the numbers.They look good-more people donate. Meanwhile they refuse to be educated or step back-because" All the vets do it". In 1958-1965 The USA goverment okd a drug that was helping pregnant women from miscarriage-I was educated as a nurse-I cant tell you how many of these "babies" Ive seen as grown people-without arms -legs-minds-  Just cause Everyones doing it-Why does it make it right????

Spay/Neuter puppies at nine weeks

AUTHOR: Colah - (United States of America)

I don't know if you talked to a real vet, but puppies can be neutered by the age of 8 weeks, or when they have reached the weight of 2 pounds.

You didn't 'save' this puppy from anything except prolonging him finding a new home, which is apparently what you were trying to avoid.

Shelters make their money on puppies and kittens, not the older animals.  And they won't send ANY animal home that has not been spayed or neutered.  So if you think a shelter is going to keep all their animals for 5 or 6 months, have them fixed, and THEN try to get them all adopted when they aren't all cute and roly poly, we might as well have all kill shelters.

If you can't follow the shelters rules, find something else to do.  They are trying to save many animals, not just one!