Complaint Review: Peach Direct

• Submitted: Sun, April 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, May 28, 2007

• Reported By:Cleveland Ohio
Peach Direct
11870 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 106-736 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Peach Direct Beware of Rip-Off Shipping, Poor Customer Service Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: Peach Direct finally resolved problem after MONTHS of inquiries.

*Author of original report: Stock Response proves poor customer service! Read below.

*UPDATE Employee: Peach Direct Customer Care

BEWARE! I recently tried to buy a $219 Tumi bag from Peach Direct, and Peach Direct tried to charge me $219 for SHIPPING, for a total of $438!

To put it in context, no other piece of luxury luggage or designer handbag on the whole site ships for more than $49 - not even a $2800 Prada bag. Also, ALL other Tumi products ship for $29.

I twice pointed out this mistake to their phone support (the surly supervisor wouldn't even come to the phone, and denied that this is even an error); once to their online help department. I never heard back from them, and they never fixed the shipping in their database. Charging $219 for shipping on a $219, one-pound, USA-based item is CLEARLY a typo! Who would pay DOUBLE for shipping, even if it's insured? It'd be like paying $17,000 EXTRA for a $17,000 car!

I, luckily, was able to cancel my order, and had the charge expunged...but I wouldn't feel right unless I warned others about the ultimately shady company that is Peach Direct...want to see this Rip-Off for yourself? On their site, check out their item #16479, and hit BUY, you'll see the price doubled, still uncorrected after two months. Still need proof? Read one of the other DOZENS of complaints about them below, and find another place to spend your money!

S
Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2007 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peach-Direct/Los-Angeles-California-90025/Peach-Direct-Beware-of-Rip-Off-Shipping-Poor-Customer-Service-Los-Angeles-California-246067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peach Direct

Peach Direct finally resolved problem after MONTHS of inquiries.

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

I'm the writer of the above, original complaint here, and some genius from Peach Direct FINALLY corrected the shipping mistake...the one where they tried to charge $219 SHIPPING for a $219 bag...the new shipping is $29, like I'd said all along!

I only wish they'd listened to me at all when I'd pointed this out, even if they were only 'humoring' me, maybe other people finally complained enough to make them pay attention. The lack of personal contact has made - and has KEPT - me vary, vary wary of working with them again (the 'dkim' default, standard email responses posted only here inspire no confidence I'm afraid).

Stock Response proves poor customer service! Read below.

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

This standard,"customer service" response above is IDENTICAL word-by-word to every other Peach Direct "customer service" response listed on the Rip-Off Report! This lack of individual attention proves the bad customer service, does it not? My complaint remains unaddressed, my concerns unanswered. BOO! Peach Direct, BOO!

Peach Direct Customer Care

AUTHOR: Peach - (U.S.A.)

Peach Direct values each and every one of its customers. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service and would like to reach out to those who may have experienced difficulties. To demonstrate how much we value our customers, we would welcome the opportunity to show our appreciation. Please contact us at dkim@peachdirect.com so we may compensate you for your troubles and discuss your experience.