Complaint Review: Peach Direct

• Submitted: Wed, September 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:apt. 232 New York
Peach Direct
peachdirect.com Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Peach Direct Fraud, Deception and illegal practices Los Angeles California

*Consumer Suggestion: Try this.

Well, after reading the various reports I can see that people have had bad experiences with Peach Direct. My situation, unfortunately, falls on the negative end.

I was drafted in by Peach Direct with their beautiful catelogs and high credit limit. I rarely used the card bc in my opinion, the items were MUCH higher than store value. Finally, I received a letter from them stating that they would be getting rid of a lot of there accounts, supposedly due to a merger of some sort.

At this point, they gave me a specific date and HIGHLY encouraged me to make all of the purchases that I wanted up until my account was no longer available. I thought long and hard about it, but ultimately decided that I would order a few things.

Now, prior to this, when I made my payments to Peach Direct ~ my payments were received in a timely fashion. But after the change, my payments (as they said) were being received two-three weeks after I sent them. This conveniently put me in direct position with a $39.00 late fee which occured EACH month. On top of that, their website has been completely shut-down and this change keeps me from being able to make online payments to avoids extra fees.

In my opinion, Peach Direct is committing illegal practices bc it is obvious that they were in some sort of financial stress and are making their customers and formers customers foot the bill by using illegal tactics and holding off proper placement of payments so they can make extra money. this is a shame!

MLT
apt. 232, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2008 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peach-Direct/Los-Angeles-California/Peach-Direct-Fraud-Deception-and-illegal-practices-Los-Angeles-California-373772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peach Direct

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try this.

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

GE Moneybank used to hold the credit for Peach Direct until March 30. They closed everyone's accounts at that time. I am guessing your credit card is with them. You may still owe GE, not their new credit company, so you will probably not be able to access them through the Peach Direct website.

I still make my payments online. Go to GEOnlineService.com and register your account. It still may come up as the Peach Direct account (as mine does) and you can make your payment that way.