- Report: #263526
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: PeachDirect
PeachDirect11870 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 106-736 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
PeachDirect Complete scam to an extreme degree! Los Angeles California
*UPDATE Employee: Notice
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I will begin with PeachDirect's services. Very few people have ever heard of this company outside of solicitations for their line of credit provided through GE Money Bank. As I am sure you all know, credit solicitations through US mail is extremely shaky and all offers are to be researched and scrutinized for hidden details- these people are only out to make money; and they will do it at your expense. The problem with this is that the company has no reputable customer base with which the company can acquire newer customers without buying addresses and names, then soliciting materials to doorsteps. Any company that is incapable of attracting customers without the continual use of mail solicitations is a red flag.
PeachDirect's web site is where you can make purchases of merchandise that PeachDirect has made available to those who have a PeachDirect Preferred card. The products appear to be very nice; and this may very well be the case with delivery- but examine the small text below the list of products on the page and you will find one very important statement which denotes suspicion of fraud:
"Products are subject to availability; we reserve the right to ship equivalent or better models at no additional cost to you. Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation."
Basically what the company is telling you is that if you order a specific laptop, they can send you any laptop they wish to with or without notice or your approval. So, if you order Pursuit of Happyness, expect Harry Potter.
Continue looking around the web page. You will notice a phone number: 1-866 GET PEACH. Count the number of letters in "GETPEACH". The number they have listed to contact them is not a valid phone number. If you continue on to their Contact page, you will find that same number for every form of contact available to the company.
The address listed on the Contact Page is a valid address, but if you Google the address, a phone number will come up. Dial that phone number and you will be introduced to Jean Sue, a woman who does not exhibit any connection to PeachDirect.
So, at this point, if you have registered for this card, and you have placed an order: Good luck on contacting the company without surfing through RipOff Reports to find a valid contact number.
To continue, the web site does not clearly state the terms of ordering. If you order something, you need to be aware that the order will pend shipment for up to 7 days, then could be shipped over the course of 2 weeks. Here's the issue: If you call Dell and ask them how long it takes to ship a computer or television, they will tell you: "Standard? 3 to 5 business days." I have never heard of a company requiring 2 weeks to ship a product.
If you did place an order, you probably didn't check the lower right hand corner of your web browser. If you did, you would have noticed that PeachDirect does not make use of SSL- a technology developed to secure a connection between you and the server to help protect against hijacking and identity theft of your card and personal information. And, if you were to log in to your "Order Status" area, you will notice the entire number of your PeachDirect card on the page, and the page is not protected with a Secure Connection.
My recommendation is this:
1. Contact PeachDirect immediately and cancel any pending orders. I cancelled mine within 3 days, and no charges were billed to my card.
2. Contact GE Money Bank immediately and have them provide you with details on any charges PeachDirect has made on your line of credit, including charges that have been cancelled. If your balance is $0: Hang up, redial the number, and follow the commands to cancel your line of credit through GE Money Bank before any further charges can take place on that credit line.
3. Print / Save a copy of your "Order Status" page to ensure that you can provide proof of PeachDirect's cancellation of your orders if charges somehow take place on your account after closing the line.
4. Contact your local FBI and give them details about your experience and the experiences you have read on the internet about this company.
5. Lastly, do all of us a favor, and submit an anonymous request to the IRS for an audit of PeachDirect's books. The more people who request the IRS to investigate, the more inclined the IRS will be to step in, and whoever is behind PeachDirect could face penalties and federal charges if there is suspicion of fraud.
Lastly, I want to make it known that Dean Kim is not a reliable employee of PeachDirect. I had contacted him 2 days ago over information on my order and I have not received any response. Remember that Dean Kim's job may be to hunt down bad press about PeachDirect and take any steps necessary to eliminate it.
Do us all a favor, and take action! Not just for you, but for every single person who has been scammed by this company.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeachDirect/Los-Angeles-California/PeachDirect-Complete-scam-to-an-extreme-degree-Los-Angeles-California-263526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.