rank

• Updated: Sat, April 02, 2011

• Reported By: Doe — Lincoln California United States of America
Peak Communications
1442 East Lincoln Avenue #479 Orange, California United States of America

Peak Communications Misrepresentation and Taking Advantage of the Ederly! Orange, California

*Consumer Comment: Scam

*Consumer Comment: at&t monitors every call

*Consumer Comment: "F" with BBB

*UPDATE Employee: Rediculous fake sobb story

A Peak Communications representative called me at home and represented themselves as AT&T, saying that they could save me more money on my phone bill by changing my current service plan. The person calling had all my personal information, and was very assertive with me. I am a very ill 80-year old woman on a fixed income, and some days I'm not as sharp as I'd like to be, but since it was AT&T (I thought), it would be a good idea to reduce my current phone bill.

I want to be clear here...I NEVER KNOWINGLY APPROVED TO CHANGE MY TELEPHONE SERVICES OVER TO PEAK. NEVER!!!

HA! Boy did I get snookered by Peak!!! When my next phone bill arrived, there was a charge of $14 for a call to information (which I did not make), and it was charged by some company called Peak Communications. Well, this was the first time I had heard that name, so I immediately called ATA&T. They explained to me what may have happened and how I came to be hooked up with those bottom-feeders at Peak, (my words, not hers), and she changed me back to my original plan with AT&T, and removed the exorbitant fraudulent charge to Information.

Today is the day before Thanksgiving, and I am once again able to make long distant calls on my phone. Why? It just so happens that the day before (November 23), Peak Communications had once again pirated my phone service and put a service block on my calls so that I could only receive local calls. I couldn't call out to my family who were 18-miles away because that would be considered long distance. Do you know how frightening that is when you are sick, elderly and alone, and can't reach out to your family for help? I tell you, it's very scary! I immediately again contacted AT&T, and they assured me that they (AT&T), in no way tampered with my service, and that it was the work of Peak Communications.

For anyone reading this, please be aware of any "phone company" representative calling you and posing as your current provider. Chances are, it's those sneaky bastards at Peak Communications, so be sure you get a clear answer from the caller as to who they work for. But hey, Peak lied to me so why wouldn't they lie to you.

By the way, Peak Communications is listed on the Better Business Bureau website with an "F" rating. I urge you to take the time and make a report so that this company gets run out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2010 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peak-Communications/Orange-California-92865/Peak-Communications-Misrepresentation-and-Taking-Advantage-of-the-Ederly-Orange-Califor-665206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peak Communications

Scam

AUTHOR: LillyAngel - (United States of America)

FIRST FORGIVE ME FOR PUTTING THIS IN ALL CAPS BUT NEED TO GET MY POINT ACCROSS

1. PEAK COMMUNICATIONS IS A SCAM

2. PEAK COMMUNICAITONS IS NOT PART OF ATT, VERIZEN, QUEST, SPRINT ETC...

3. HANG UP THE PHONE AND TELL THEM YOU WILL CALL THE FCC AND THE BBB IF THEY CONTINUE TO CALL YOU.

4. THE BBB GAVE THEM AN "F" RATING, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?
HERES THE LINK
http://800notes.com/~sys~/r/?eu=QN1kDN3EzMx0y ... 5yd3d3LvoDc0RHa

5. CALLER ID WAS INVENTED SO YOU CAN IGNORE CROOKS LIKE THIS, IF YOU DONT RECOGNIZE THE NUMBER THEN DONT ANSWER IT. IF ITS THAT IMPORTANT THEY CAN LEAVE A MESSAGE.

at&t monitors every call

AUTHOR: jetames - (USA)

"at&t monitors every call"

A LAUGHABLE STATEMENT AT BEST. DOES AN AT&T REPRESENATIVE SIT NEXT TO YOU AND MONITOR EVERY CALL??? DOUBTFUL.

I HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH PEAK. A "REPRESENATIVE" CALLED AND IDENTIFIED THEMSELVE AS AT&T AND STATED THAT THEY WANTED TO REDUCE MY PHONE COSTS. WHEN I QUESTIONED FURTHER, THE "REPRESENATIVE" THEN STATED THAT THEY WERE "AUTHORIZED" BY AT&T TO CALL ME.

BY THEN I KNEW THAT THE CALLER WAS A SCAM AND A BULLSH*TER.

THEY THEN TRIED TO GATHER MORE INFO FROM ME WHICH, OF COURSE, I WOULD NOT PROVIDE.

I ASKED FOR A CALL BACK NUMBER AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE INCOMING LINES - - - HUH???

EVENTUALLY THE CALLER ADMITTED THAT HE WAS PEAK COMMUNICATIONS.

AT LEAST I KEPT THIS FOOL ON THE LINE FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES. FIVE MINUTES THAT THEY COULD NOT BE SCAMMING ANYONE ELSE.

"F" with BBB

AUTHOR: jetames - (USA)

YOU STILL HAVE AN "F" WITH THE BBB!!!!!!!!!

EXPLAIN THAT ONE!!!

Rediculous fake sobb story

AUTHOR: peakcomrep - (United States of America)

First of all, let me start by saying i have worked with peak communications for a long time, every call is recorded, and there is a very strict verification process for each order submitted.

at&t monitors every call, and if there is misrepresentation by a rep, the order is cancelled, and the rep is punished, and or terminated.

The verification is done by a third party verification company, that has nothing to do with Peak, or At&t.

During the verification precess, they clearly make sure "you understand that peak communications is a completly different provider from AT&T, and they are not affiliated. Do you understand this?"

If there is not a clear "YES" response, the verification is not complete,and then order is rejected.

after the verification is complete, the verifier calls the customer back and confirms the order one more time.

There is no way that you could misconstrue the information provided by the rep, and the verifier. Everything is spelled out very clearly, and you also receive the same information in the mail in about 5 days.

Just so everyone knows, the reps start out with your name, and your phone number, any other information that they need to process the order (address, and date of birth) have to be provided by the customer. So the statement about the rep having all of her information is false.