Complaint Review: Peak Sails

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Sam — las vegas Nevada U.S.A.
Peak Sails
P.O. Box 34628 Seattle, Washington United States of America

Peak Sails This company is the worst offenders of 'Customer (NO) Service' I have ever attempted to do business with - BE FOREWARNED! Seattle, Washington

6/21/12 - I telephone ordered and paid in full via Amx a new Headsail for my Beneteau Oceanic 36.1 from Peak Sail - I was told my delivery would be in four weeks. Peak Sail confirmed all sail dimensions and construction as outlined on my receipt.

6/28/12 - I placed a second telephone order for a Jib sail and was updated that my previous Headsail order was in production and that they had confirmed to install 'No Battens'. Peak Sail again confirmed dimensions and construction of a 100% Jib sail.

7/3/12 - I emailed for an update on delivery w/ no reply.

7/18/12 - I emailed for an update on delivery w/ no reply.

8/9/12 - I emailed for an update on delivery w/ no reply.

Over this same time period I also left eleven phone messages w/ no reply, Called countless time with no answer - and had sent dozens of email via Peak Sails website also w/ no reply, as well as monitored their IM activity in an attempt to gleam some sore of response from them to no avail.

I finally contacted American Express and disputed the charges as I had never received any product or response.

On 10/15/12 I contacted Amx to find that Peak Sails had reversed my dispute and decided that they can now make and deliver my order - claiming that it was I who only gave them two weeks to complete the order and therefore it was my fault I did not receive my purchase or any communications. And that I had not provided them with sail dimensions - even though they are
the allegedly the 'professionals'.

This in an untruth and it is representative of this companies utter distain and abuse of their clientele.

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE SORRY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peak-Sails/Seattle-Washington-/Peak-Sails-This-company-is-the-worst-offenders-of-Customer-NO-Service-I-have-ever-att-956061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peak Sails