Complaint Review: Peel Inc. , Posterpass.com/Homeartsdirect.com

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:Anacortes Washington
Peel Inc. , Posterpass.com/Homeartsdirect.com
990 Grove St Evanston, Illinois U.S.A.

Peel Inc. Posterpass.com/Homeartsdirect.com Deceptive Terms and Details Evanston Illinois

I like to play on the internet apps (applications), on my Myspace page. I wanted to increase my abilities on the app so I participated in one of the offers to get "points".

This offer was to purchase 5 posters for $5.00, free shipping. I entered all my credit card information, and the points were awarded. After the initial $25.00 was charged to my account a couple of "days" later another charge for 40.59 showed up. Then another, a couple of days later, and today yet another one. I reported them to my bank and filed a fraud report. After over a hundred dollars in charges and "3" $33.00 overdraft charges, I contacted the company.

Then the company, known as Peel Inc., did not answer their phones the first two times I called. They finally answered my call and stated they needed my zip code to verify my account- they had that already they mailed me the posters! This lady I talked to asked me if i thouroughly read the terms and conditons on the web site, at the time I hadn't, so I looked it up on line and read the terms of service.

It stated that it was a monthly service and it would charge me somewhere around $14.00 on a "monthly" basis. She stated the terms stated otherwise, but I was looking directly at them! She also stated that it had me on a weekly basis, which isn't even a service they offer on their site, and they chareged me 4 times in two weeks, what was that?!

She stated she was cancelling my account, (no kidding?) and they would refund the money they took and the 3 overdraft charges. We will see if that actually happens. I took the time and reported them to the FTC Federal Trade Commission and will be filing a complaint with the BBB Better Business Bureau as well.

This is a lesson learned, but my whole life has been turned upside down in the meantime. It really isn't worth it. Go to the mall and get these things, the exercise is better than the stress!

Dooped mom
Anacortes, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peel-Inc-PosterpasscomHomeartsdirectcom/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Peel-Inc-PosterpasscomHomeartsdirectcom-Deceptive-Terms-and-Details-Evanston-Illinois-377652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peel Inc. , Posterpass.com/Homeartsdirect.com