Complaint Review: Pefect Body Laser And Asthetics

• Submitted: Fri, July 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2009

• Reported By:Brentwood New York
Pefect Body Laser And Asthetics
1150 Sunrise Highway Bay Shore, New York U.S.A.

Pefect Body Laser And Asthetics Pefect Body Laser and Asthetics stay away they will lie to you and then rob you Bay Shore New York

*Author of original report: UPDATE

I went to Perfect Body; I was verbally promised that the Vela process would take inches from my tummy. The Vela is a vacuum type machine that releases some laser radiation which is suppose to help melt fat and you drink water to flush it out. I was told it could tighten the skin on my tummy and underarms. I paid $6800.00 for seven sessions. The process was painful, but not intolerable. I did not see any difference after the first treatment, but I was in so much pain and I was discolored for days. I was assured that it's a process and it does not work immediately. I told the tec during the treatment that the machine was burning me, and she told me that if she turned it down low I wouldn't get the same results, yet Patrick (salesperson) told me we could keep it at lowest level for all session to ensure comfort.

The salesperson told me that the service could be financed through Chase Health Advance for o% pre-payment penalty for 48 months. I explained to him that I did not need financing and I would pay per visit. He insisted that I take financing and hold on to my money. I told him no. He said, I should just take the financing as the company gives him a $200 bonus when I send them clients, and I would really be helping him out. The first bill arrived for $6802.60. When I called to inquire why, they said interest is applied daily and I now owe $6830.00, with additional interest since bill was mailed. I told Patrick to reverse charges as I was upset at the audacity of the finance company, and I was not comfortable with procedure. I said to him 'The procedure is extremely painful, I did not see any results, and the finance company is charging me interest when I actually don't need them'. He convinced me to do another session. I said ''I need the situation fixed as this is not a marriage and if I am not happy at the end of this session I don't need to hear from you, you don't need to hear from me''. After I paid them in full before due date I still received a bill for an additional $52.13.

After second session I was still in pain and again no result. This is when I said this is a waste of money. I called the finance company and filed a dispute. Perfect Body told the finance company that I had all my treatments. Hence no refund.

I started doing research. There was a brochure on Patrick's desk stating that the machine was FDA cleared, I asked what that meant as I knew what FDA approved meant, he said it was the same thing, the words were interchangeable. This is not true, he deliberately lied to me as he saw I was impressed that the procedure was FDA approved. I also have too much body fat for the procedure, I am not a candidate for Vela, it is more for body contouring, I needed weight loss or liposuction.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB, Consumeraffairs.com, I hired an attorney and am taking them to small claims court. I am still looking for a refund. I would like to save others the money and the time and pain. I am going to make it my task to let everyone know about Perfect Body. I will do whatever it takes to let everyone know about their unscrupulous ways, and deceptive practices. I am getting ready to contact every media available to spread the word. I am extremely angry and feel like someone held me up and robbed me of my hard earned money. What also kills me is every time I open my mailbox there is an ad from them in a magazine or there wonderful colored flier. Dont be fooled, and if you already have been please contact me.

Deseria
Brentwood, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2008 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pefect-Body-Laser-And-Asthetics/Bay-Shore-New-York-11706/Pefect-Body-Laser-And-Asthetics-Pefect-Body-Laser-and-Asthetics-stay-away-they-will-lie-to-355500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pefect Body Laser And Asthetics

AUTHOR: Deseria - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Deseria - (U.S.A.)

"I was under the belief that I would see significant improvements right away. I did not realize that I would have to go to multiple appointments spread out over months before gaining the benefits. We went through a mediation and I am pleased to say that after discussing each side, we were able to reach an agreement that I am happy with."