Complaint Review: Pelican Pools & Spas

19808 South Main Street Cornelius, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: 704-892-2116
  • Web:
  • Category:

Pelican Pools & Spas Jonathan Basnett Cheated me out of $50,000.00 Cornelius, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: 300% SATISFIED WITH PELICAN POOLS & SPAS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

Pelican Pools & Spas came to my home about a year and a half ago. I live at the Point in Mooresville. Jonathan was very nice and pretty much a sweet talker! He assured us that he was the best! His design of our pool was beautiful! We signed the contract and gave a deposit. So everyone knows, this was the smoothest part of the entire project! It's been a year and I had to hire another company to finish my pool. I had 3 companies come out and all of them said that the rock work looked if though a 3 year old had done it! It all had to be ripped out and redone. Everytime through out this ordeal, we would call Jonathan and he would never ever return a phone. Bottom line it's going to cost me over $50,000.00! $30,000.00 to finish my pool and $20,000.00 for my attorney! "DO NOT BUY A POOL FROM THIS MAN/COMPANY".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pelican-Pools-Spas/Cornelius-North-Carolina-28031/Pelican-Pools-Spas-Jonathan-Basnett-Cheated-me-out-of-5000000-Cornelius-North-Caroli-573782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pelican Pools & Spas

300% SATISFIED WITH PELICAN POOLS & SPAS

AUTHOR: Ms. Moore - (United States of America)

Pelican Pools & Spas designed and built my pool a little over a year ago and I must say that I am 300% satisfied. Jonathan and his team was able to make my "dream pool" come to life.

After comparing and researching other pool companies, Pelican Pools and Spas stood out among the crowd. I am a first-time pool owner and I had no clue where to start. After meeting with Jonathan and discussing my likes and dislikes, he was able to give me a website of exactly what my pool would look like and he allowed me to make any changes. (In which I had no changes to make, because it was perfect!

I only had to sit back and watch the show begin. The whole process was extremely stress free and a joy to watch. My pool turned out more beautiful than I could ever imagine! Every detail was absolutely perfect. I can assure you this was not work from a 3 year old. I get complimented on my pool every single day. I can see why another pool company feels like they are in a competition.

However, I think it is sad that another company had to bash their competitor by using a website. I think this is very dishonest and childish. I actually saw this website when I was researching, but still decided to go with Pelican Pools & Spas because this was the only complaint and therefore is obviously a hoax.

If you want the BEST pool design and service, I highly recommend Pelican Pools & Spas.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (United States of America)

This review was written by the owner of another pool company attempting to discredit my company and me personally. There is absolutely no truth to this posting.

There are at least two other pool companies in the Charlotte area that have similar malicious reviews against them. They too have had run-ins with the individual who is posting these.

If there is a "Tom B." out there and he genuinely does have the above mentioned problem, he is welcome to contact us and we will happily rectify any issues he might have.